The landing page editor in LeadSquared allows you to create lead capture forms and embed them onto your website. You use this procedure to create such lead capture forms.
Note: This article is related to the Normal Landing Page Designer which has been discontinued w.e.f. 24th August, 2016. The Responsive Designer will act as the main landing page designer. If you have landing pages already created in normal designer then you will be able to edit the pages in the same designer. For creation of new pages, the responsive designer will be the default.
- You have logged into LeadSquared.
- You should know the dimension of the space (location) in your website where you want to embed the lead capture form.
1. Navigate to Dashboard > Marketing > Landing Pages > Create Landing Page.
2. In the Select Landing Page Template, enter a suitable name for the landing page. Select a blank template to create a new form, or you can choose the Form Submission 01 template to create the form. Click Next to customize the form.
3. Click on the Add Form Block button in the landing page editor.
4. You have to double click on the block to add form fields. The form designer window opens up once you double click on the block.
6. You can choose to display the field either on the left, on top or inside the box. You can select your choice by clicking on one of the below options.
7. You can customize the lead fields in the form. You can do the customization in the Properties tab. You can change the display name, make the field mandatory, make it hidden and enter a value for it.
8. You can also change the color of the field display by clicking on the Field Label button.
9. You can double click on the Call To Action button to change the default text. You can also customize the color of the button text and the background by clicking on the Button Text and Button options. You can alter the width of the button by dragging it from the right.
10. Before you save the form, you can preview the same by clicking on the Preview button.
11. Save the form to view it on the landing page.
12. In the landing page editor, you must make sure that the page size in the landing form editor is the same as the size of the space(location) where you want to embed the lead capture form. The exact width and height of the form must be set by editing the page properties tab. Note that both the Form and the Page dimensions should be set for it to appear optimally in your website. The screen shot below illustrates an example of the page dimension of a form.
13. Click Next after you have created and previewed the form. Click Next in the subsequent steps till you reach the Summary (Step 5) step. Click Publish. Now you can use the form to embed it in your website.