1. Feature Overview
The LeadSquared SMS Marketing Connector helps you connect with your leads via simple text messages.
Once installed you can send SMS through automation or directly to single /multiple leads –
- Sending and Autoresponder SMS to leads submitting on Landing Pages
- Sending a message to individual leads and list of leads.
You must be a LeadSquared Administrator user to add and configure the SMS Marketing App.
1. Add the SMS Marketing App
To set up the SMS Marketing App, follow these steps –
Go to Apps>Apps Marketplace. Click SMS in the left pane and select SMS Marketing App. Click INSTALL.
After installing the app, you can see the SMS app in the Show installed apps tab, where you can configure the app.
2. Configure the SMS Marketing App
After the installation is complete, click on SMS Marketing App. The SMS Marketing App details page appears. Under Settings, click Configure. This will display the Configure SMS Marketing App pop-up box.
1. Select the SMS Account Type –
- India (Default) – For sending SMS to leads within India.
- International (Default) – For sending SMS to leads around the globe.
- Global (Call Tracking Metrics) – To send messages globally using your Call Tracking Metrics account.
- Global (Twilio) – To send messages globally using your Twilio account.
- Global (Gupshup) – To send messages globally using your Gupshup account.
- Global (MSG91) – To send messages globally using MSG91.
For SMS provider Integration with LeadSquared refer to the following articles –
2. SenderID –
Specify a SenderID with 6 characters/letters. Numbers can not be used in the SenderID. SenderID will be seen by the Leads when they receive your SMS sent from LeadSquared.
LEADSQ is an example of a SenderID. You may use some Id that relates to your business name/identity.
Note: The SenderID that you choose may change for mass promotional messages. SenderID is guaranteed to remain what you choose only for transactional messages.
3. Activity Type –
SMS Sent will be selected by default as Activity Type.
You may select the Activity Type from the list of custom activities. This would be used as the activity label that gets posted when an SMS is sent to the lead.
Finally, click Save Settings button to complete the configuration.
100 SMS credits will be added to your account free of cost. You can buy more credits by clicking the Buy More Credits button.
You will now be able to send SMS to your leads from LeadSquared.
4. SMS Templates
You can now create SMS Templates to be used by all in your LeadSquared Account. To know how to create SMS templates, see Creating SMS Templates.
Note: You will be able to send Custom & Promotional Messages directly without any approval needed. If you create Transactional Templates, they would be sent for approval to the concerned team of LeadSquared.
Below are different ways you can send SMS to leads from LeadSquared –
5. SMS to Single Lead
6. SMS to multiple Leads
7. SMS to a List of Leads
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!