Lead Distribution App automatically assigns leads to users in your LeadSquared account based on pre-defined rules. For example, you may want to distribute leads based on its location, interest, industry type etc.
Note: If you’re new to the lead distribution feature we highly recommend you first understand the best way to distribute leads to your users.
Once you have configured the Lead Distribution Automation Connector, you can start creating rules by navigating to Apps -> Lead Distribution.
First, specify the default rule. Default rule is executed when Lead is not assigned with any other rule. If you choose “No Action” , no rule be will be applied to Lead Ownership.
If you choose “Specific User”, the lead will be assigned to the selected user if no rules are executed.
Select Add Rule after setting the default rule. For each rule, you need to Enter Rule Name and then specify the rule. A rule has two parts, conditions and assignment-action.
- Conditions help you to identify a lead based on its properties such as location (City, Country, Interest etc).
- Assignment action helps you to assign the lead to a user or run a round-robin sequence among a group of users.
For those of you familiar with SQL, the conditions follow the SQL syntax. Essentially, it is a logical combination of AND/OR statements based on Lead Properties. The property name of lead field should exactly match with the schema name that LeadSquared recognizes. You can find out the schema name of each lead field in My Account -> Settings -> Manage Custom Fields.
You can also download the schema names for your LeadSquared account by clicking Download Schema button:
- You should strictly use single-quotes in defining strings.
- You can use brackets to separate different set of AND/OR conditions.
- Use * as wild character. * can be used in the start of end of the text. For example ‘*ware’ , ‘soft*’. It cannot be used in the middle. So ‘Sof*are’ will not work.
- (mx_City=’Bangalore’) OR (mx_City=’Bengaluru’)
- (mx_Country=’United States’) OR (mx_Country=’US’ OR mx_Country=’USA’)
- mx_City IN (‘New York’, ‘Boston’, ‘Philadelphia’, ‘Washington’)
- mx_Country=’India’ AND (mx_Industry LIKE ‘*Software*’)
Conditions help you to identify a lead based on its properties such as location (City, Country, Interest etc). Assignment action helps you to assign the lead to a user or run a round-robin sequence amongst a group of users.
Once you have defined a rule, make it active by checking “Is Active” and then save. You can add as many rules as you want. Each rule will be executed on Lead Creation and if the condition is met, it will assign the rule as per assignment specified. No further rule will be executed. If no condition is met, the default rule will be executed.
You can edit or delete rules at any time. You can also change the order of execution of rules by simply dragging and dropping.
Note that by default the Leads added through landing pages and API are considered for automation. If you want to automate lead distribution for leads added manually and phone connector, you can enable the options in General Settings as shown below: