The Email Sync App allows you to capture leads and email activities in LeadSquared. It connects to your email server and synchronizes received and sent emails. Leads that are not present in your LeadSquared account will be created. Received and sent emails will be posted as activities on respective leads.
You can control which emails are synced and which are not based on domains of senders and recipients, and also keywords in the subject and body of the email.
- This connector is will be deprecated on 31st March, 2023, and we will stop providing support for the connector after the said date. It is mandatory you migrate to the new Email Sync (v2.0) connector before 31st March, 2023. To know more, refer to How to Migrate to the New Email Sync v2.0 connector?
- Only the emails in “Inbox” and “Sent” folders will be synced. No other email folder will be considered for synchronization.
- You must be using IMAP as protocol in your Email Client. If you use POP3 to send/receive emails, the sent emails will stay in your email client such as Outlook. The sent-emails won’t be stored on our Email Server. If you use IMAP, the Sent Emails are synchronized and also stored on your email server. Since we connect to your email server to read sent emails, we won’t find them there if you use POP3.
This article assumes that you’ve already installed the Email Sync App. If you haven’t installed the app, see Installing the LeadSquared Email Sync App, for details.
Connect Your Inbox
Navigate to Apps>Connect My Inbox.
There are three sections for the information you need to configure –
1. Inbox Details
Most of the details on this tab will be auto-populated based on the app installation configurations. You will need to enter the Username (email address) and Password for your email account.
For Email Clients Other Than Gmail,
Enter the email address and password of your email account, then click Connect my Inbox.
2. Global Inclusion/Exclusion Rule
Before looking at the second section “Personal Inclusion/Exclusion Rules”, review the Global Inclusion/Exclusion Rules. These rules have been set by your Admin for all LeadSquared users of your organization. The rules define which emails from your inbox and outbox are synced with LeadSquared.
3. Personal Inclusion/Exclusion Rules
You can set up personal inclusion/exclusion rules which will be in addition to global rules. For example, you may exclude emails from your friends and family.
- Exclude emails sent by these individuals (incoming email): You could include both domains and email addresses as needed. Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org, domain2.com, etc. When you specify a domain, all email addresses in that domain will be excluded
- Exclude emails when sent to these individuals (outgoing email): Separate multiple emails by comma or space. Ex: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exclude emails when subject/body of the message contains these keywords: Separate multiple keywords by a comma. Ex: personal, family
- Include emails ONLY when subject/body contains these keywords: Separate multiple emails by comma. Ex: proposal, sales
Now go to Inbox Details tab and press “Connect my Inbox”.
You will see a success/failure status message on the top. If the connection fails then recheck your user name and password or contact your LeadSquared Admin.
After successful setup, your future emails to/from Leads with start syncing. You can see the inbound and outbound emails in lead activity history.