Email remains one of the most effective marketing channels around. This makes a well-designed email even more important than before – to establish credibility, to catch the readers’ attention, or just to get your point across.
Now that we have established their importance, let’s see how to create emails in LeadSquared, which hopefully will help you get better click rates and add to your credibility.
Step 1: To create an email template or a draft email go to Marketing > Email Campaign
Step 2: Click on the red button ‘Create Email Campaign’ to get started
Step 3: Choose a template you like, or if you want to create an email from scratch in HTML, select ‘Use Draft Email.’
We will take a blank template to help you understand the basics.
This is what you should see when you select a blank template
Before designing let us understand the basics. Fundamentally, it is like building a wall with bricks, only much easier.
Content : You can add different content types, like text, image, button etc. in your email by using content blocks.
Structure : You’ll have to drag and drop the content blocks on the structures to build your email.
Body : is the total area of the email.
Types of structures
On the right hand side you see the different types of structures. You will have to drag them to the body (on the right hand side) to make them functional.
You can select single, double or triple column structure as per your requirement.
This is a single column structure:
Double column structure
Adding content to structures
Drag and drop the content block on the selected structure.
Types of content blocks
Text Block: is used to add text. After you have added a text block, double click on it to edit the content.
Change the appearance of the content with this panel on the right side
Useful tip : Add padding to the content blocks to position them properly. Padding is the space surrounding the content. Very useful in designing.
You can add special links to your text, like – Unsubscribe, View in browser and Mailing preferences
You can also use mail merge fields in your content
Image block: is used to add images in the email body.
Click on browse to go to the image library.
You can directly edit the image here.
You can resize, crop, color correct the image here.
Like any content block you can edit the image block settings in this panel
Similarly you can use the button, divider, social sharing and html block on the email body, with basic settings being the same as we discussed just now
Adding background color and borders:
Adding color to the body
Select body, the third tab in the panel and edit settings
You can also give a background color to the structure and content
You can also add borders to the section from the same panel
So, that was it. I hope this will help you create some cool email designs. Just to refresh some important points below
- Drag the structure on the body to start creating the email
- Drag the content blocks on the structure to add content
- Edit the appearance on the right side panel
- Keep saving the files
- You can download the template
- To change body color (whole page color), go to body (third tab) in the panel.
- To change structure and content background, select the structure you want to edit, and go to the structure (second tab) in the panel
- You can not add text on images
- You can use special links for View in browser, unsubscribe and mailing preferences. Use a normal text block and add these links after double clicking the content
- You can edit your image size by clicking on the edit image button (black)
- Use padding to create white space and distance between the blocks
If you have any questions you can write to email@example.com.