1. Feature Overview
The Cloud Calling app enables you to make calls to leads over the internet, through the LeadSquared mobile and web app. The features are –
- Send and receive calls directly to your leads from your LeadSquared account.
- Track and record calls automatically.
- Set up automation based on call dispositions.
- Ensure zero lead leakage on calls.
- Ensure zero call dropping due to network issues.
- Cloud calls are not dependent on your mobile phone OS. This ensures 100% reliability for your call recordings.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- Your account plan must support telephony integration.
- This is a paid feature. To enable it for your account, write to email@example.com or reach out to your Customer Success Executive.
- On the main menu, navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace and search for Cloud Calling.
- Click Install.
To configure the app, please get in touch with you LeadSquared account manager, and they will do it for you.
4.1 Mobile Calling Mode
You must choose the right method through which you’ll call your leads.
|Cloud Call Type||Description|
|Calling only on Web App||Cloud calls can be placed only through the LeadSquared web application. The call will happen over the internet, as a cloud call.|
|Mobile App – Default and Cloud Calling||Cloud calls can be placed only on your mobile app. You can also place regular calls through your service provider (eg Airtel, Vodafone, etc).|
|Mobile App – Cloud Calling||Cloud calls can be placed only on your mobile app. The regular call feature (through your service provider) won’t be available with this setting.|
4.2 Mapping User Phone Fields to Virtual Numbers
Cloud calls you’ll be making will get routed through a virtual number, also known as DID number. This is the number that’ll reflect on your lead’s phone when they get a call.
Note: A backup transfer number is for when a user is unavailable to receive the call. The call is then routed to the configured backup numbers.
A single, unique virtual/DID number is mapped to your LeadSquared account. This option is ideal for small organizations, where there are 20 or fewer sales users. You can have up to 2 backup transfer numbers mapped to your virtual number. Once the feature has been enabled, navigate to Apps>Cloud Calling to add the backup numbers.
Map one virtual number per sales user. This option is ideal for organizations that have between 20-100 sales users.
If you choose this option, you should then create two user fields – one to map the virtual number, and one to map the backup transfer number. To know how to create a user field, refer to Manage User Custom Fields. You can have up to 2 backup numbers mapped to each virtual number.
Multiple unique numbers are mapped to your LeadSquared account, which you can then assign to various internal customer-facing teams, such as ones segmented by the cities they service, the tasks they carry out, etc. This is ideal for organizations with more than 100 sales users.
Under this option, you should create a single user field to map the unique number to the respective team. You can have up to 2 backup numbers mapped to each virtual number.
4.3 Numbers List
If you are the Admin of your LeadSquared account, you can view the list of virtual and back up numbers mapped against a sales user or a sales team. To view the list, from the main menu, navigate to Apps>Cloud Calling.
5. Initiate Calls
Once you’ve installed and configured the connector, you can make cloud calls as follows –
5.1 Web App
- On the main menu, navigate to Leads>Manage Leads.
- Against any lead, hover your cursor over the icon.
- From the list, click CloudCalling.
- You will get a notification once the call is successfully placed.
The call recording is available five minutes after the call has ended. To access the recording –
- Open the Lead Details page, and navigate to the Activity History tab.
- Hover your cursor on the completed call, and you will get the and icons on the right side.
- The icon is to download the call. When you click on the icon, a new page will open, with the recording. Click on to view the download option.
- The is to hear the call recording. When you click on it, the window will open on the same page.
- Click the activity to view the call details.
5.2 Mobile App
The following steps are uniform across Android and iOS devices.
- Open the LeadSquared mobile app.
- For the lead you want to call, tap on the lead, or swipe the lead card.
- On the lead details page, tap the icon, or tap the lead’s phone number.
- From the options, tap Cloud Call Lead, and wait for the call to initiate.
- Once the call is completed, the call details are available on the Activity History tab.
To access the call recording –
- Open the Activity History tab on the app.
- Tap on the call for which you want the recording. This will open the Activity Details page.
- Tap the icon. This will open the call recording.
Note: You cannot download the call recording on the mobile app. This can only be done through the web app.
6. Call Disposition
You can use forms to capture call disposition information. You must have the Call and SMS Tracker app configured to enable this feature.
Note: This feature is currently available only on Android devices. Due to iOS restrictions, this feature is not available for iOS users.
To enable it on your Android device –
- Create a call disposition form, using the Create Form feature. To know more, refer to How to Create a Form.
- In the form, you can add your call disposition activity fields, task fields and other relevant fields, similar to how it’s set-up in your LeadSquared account.
- Once the form is live, to enable call dispositions, navigate to Workflow>Process Designer.
- Against the relevant process, hover your cursor over the icon and click Live Edit.
- On the edit window, click Lead Identification Pop up. This will show the Call Disposition field.
- Tick the checkbox alongside the mobile icon, and click Save.
7. When you make or receive a call on your mobile, the Lead Identification Pop up will show up on your phone. This will enable you to enter the lead details during the call.
Note: To identify who is calling via your virtual number, and to see the Lead Identification Pop up, you must have the LeadSquared Call and SMS Tracker App installed.
- Which users do incoming calls get routed to?
Incoming calls are routed to the lead owner. Be sure to update the lead owner details for all your leads. When there is no lead owner –
- One Virtual Number per Account – The call will get routed to the account backup transfer number.
- One Virtual Number per Sales Users – The call will get transferred to any of the backup transfer numbers.
- Multiple Virtual Numbers per Account – The call will get routed to any of the backup transfer numbers.
- What happens when the sales user is unavailable?
The incoming call gets routed to the backup transfer number. It is best to provide a coworker’s number as a backup, and let them know in advance if you will be unavailable. You can have up to two backup numbers per user.
- What happens when there is a missed call?
If there is no backup transfer number, and if a user is unable to receive a call, the call will still get posted as an activity under the Activity History tab, with its status as “Missed Call”.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!