The Email Sync App allows you to capture leads and email activities in LeadSquared. It connects to your email server and synchronizes the received and sent emails.
- Leads which are not present in LeadSquared will be created.
- Received and sent emails will be posted as activities on respective leads.
You can control which emails are synced and which are not based on domains of senders and recipients, and also keywords in the subject and body of the email.
- This connector is will be deprecated on 31st March, 2023, and we will stop providing support for the connector after the said date. It is mandatory you migrate to the new Email Sync (v2.0) connector before 31st March, 2023. To know more, refer to How to Migrate to the New Email Sync v2.0 connector?
- Only the emails in “Inbox” and “Sent” folders will be synced. No other email folder will be considered for synchronization.
- The Email Sync App will only work for email servers supporting IMAP protocol. Your users must be using IMAP as the protocol for your email client. If you use POP3 to send and receive emails, the sent emails will stay in your email client (Outlook, for example). The sent emails won’t be stored on our email server. If you use IMAP, the sent emails are synchronized and also stored on your email server. Since we connect to your email server to read sent emails, we won’t find them there if you’re using POP3.
You must be a LeadSquared Administrator user to install and set up the Email Sync App for your organization. Once the app is installed, any user can configure it to connect their inbox.
If your Email Sync App is already installed and you are looking to just connect your inbox, follow the instructions in – Email Sync App – Connecting your Inbox with LeadSquared
Installing Email Sync App
In your LeadSquared App, go to APPS>Apps MarketPlace. Search or locate the LeadSquared Email Sync App and click Install.
On Installing the Email Sync app, click the Show Installed apps tab and hover the mouse over the settingsicon to configure the Email Sync app.
Also, you may configure the Email Sync app by going to APPS>Installed Apps, find the Email Sync App and click on Configure link. The Configuration window will open up.
Configuring the App
This section details how to configure the email sync app to sync with your email client.
1. Email Server
In this section, specify the IMAP server details.
Enter the configurations in the screenshot below
If you use an email server other than Gmail,
Specify the server name or IP address, port number of incoming emails and whether the server is accessed on SSL. Contact your email server administrator if you aren’t familiar with these configurations.
- Lead Source for new leads: The value you provide here will be assigned to Lead Source field of new leads captured from your emails.
- Activity For Inbound Emails: This will be name/label of activity displayed in lead activity history for inbound emails.
- Activity For Outbound Emails: This will be name/label of activity displayed in lead activity history for outbound emails.
3. Email Sync
Select one of the three rules available for Email Sync:
- Only emails to and from leads in LeadSquared: Use this option if you don’t want any email message other than to/from leads that already exist in your LeadSquared account. If you are in doubt, choose this option.
- All emails to/from leads + emails received/sent with specific keywords in the subject: Specify the keyword if you choose this option. Email with the specified word in the subject line from contacts who are not leads in LeadSquared will also sync if you choose this option.
Every sent and received email: You may sync all incoming and outgoing emails. Be careful in choosing this option. It will result in ALL emails from ALL leads being captured inside LeadSquared.The lead records and emails may be visible to all LeadSquared users.
- Capture subject and body of the emails? – Select this if you want to capture subject and body from the emails.
- Capture contacts marked on CC on outbound emails? – Select this, Capture contacts marked on CC on outbound emails.
4. Excluded Domains
Additionally, you can exclude emails sent/received to/from certain domain.
- Exclude emails if received on and sent from these domains (both sender and recipient on same domain”): You can specify your own company domain so that your internal emails do not get synced.
- Exclude emails if sent from these domains (incoming email): You can block sync of incoming emails from non-official, sensitive or social channels.
- Exclude emails if sent to these domains (outgoing email): Use this setting to block sync of emails sent to specified domains, for example, emails sent to banks or financial companies.
- Click Save Settings once you have completed all the settings.
Note: Saving settings will not trigger sync immediately. Every LeadSquared user needs to connect their email account to LeadSquared before syncing starts.
5. Capture Attachments
You can capture attachments from incoming and outgoing emails by ticking the appropriate checkboxes –
Captured attachments will be visible in the Activity History and Documents tabs on the Lead Details page –
Once the setup is complete, follow the instructions in Email Sync App – Connecting your Inbox with LeadSquared to start syncing emails with LeadSquared. There are additional instructions for connecting your inbox for Gmail users at Setting Up Email Sync for Gmail Users.