This article shows you how to map custom objects in Salesforce to Activities in LeadSquared. This functionality is only available with Version 4 (v4) of the Salesforce – LeadSquared connector.
For mapping contacts, leads, tasks and events see Salesforce to LeadSquared Integration – Mapping and Configuration.
Custom objects help you track data that’s unique to your organization in Salesforce. For more information, see Define a Custom Object in Salesforce Classic.
You can map SalesForce custom objects to LeadSquared activities if you meet the following requirements –
- You must be an Administrator user of your LeadSquared account.
- You should have completed the package installation and authentication successfully.
- Your Salesforce account must have access to Salesforce APIs.
Mapping Custom Objects
In the Custom Object Mapping tab, under the Custom Object Selection section –
- Choose the Salesforce Custom Object from the drop-down.
- Choose the LeadSquared Activity Type you want to match the custom object to.
- Click the Map button when you’re done.
Once you’ve clicked the Map button, the Custom Object Field Mapping section will be populated with the Salesforce custom object fields on the left and the LeadSquared Activity fields on the right.
- Choose the sync direction as Inbound (LeadSquared to Salesforce), Outbound (Salesforce to LeadSquared) or Both.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Note: After mapping a field you must click the plus icon to save the mapping and map a new field.\
The following restrictions apply to mapping custom objects –
- Custom object restrictions –
- Once custom object can only be mapped to one activity.
- You can’t sync existing custom object data. Only data modified after the connector is installed will sync.
- You can only map a custom object that has a lead or a contact associated with it in your Salesforce account.
- You should ensure that the values in drop-down fields are the same between your Salesforce custom objects and LeadSquared activities if you want to map them successfully.
- If you want to map the User Type fields like Owner, and you set the sync direction as Both, ensure that in Salesforce you pass the users LeadSquared email address.
- Job and data sync related restrictions –
- The Salesforce to LeadSquared data sync happens in real-time. The LeadSquared to Salesforce data sync happens with a delay of 15 minutes.
- We recommend setting the job sync timings to at least 15 minutes for leads and 30 minutes for activities.