Drip Campaigns are Automated emails, sent to subscribers automatically when triggered by certain events.
It is one of the best ways to engage the lead and foster a better working relationship with them. Drip Campaigns can be used as Thank You notes, Event confirmations, Archived materials, Customer education emails and so on. They can be used in a wide variety of ways in marketing. It can considered as a lazy marketer’s friend.
To know how to create a drip campaign easily in LeadSquared see : Create and schedule a Drip Campaign.
But are you using it effectively ? In fact, internet marketing research firm MarketingSherpa conducted a survey about how businesses use different types of automated emails. Alarmingly, the results demonstrated that apart from welcome, thank you and transactional emails, auto responder drip campaigns are not used at all. You can see the survey results here.
In this article, we will try to list out few reasons why you should use Drip campaigns to engage your leads and increase your visibility.
1. You could create and schedule Drip Campaign to automatically send previous campaigns to new subscribers. You can schedule drip campaigns in a such a way that emails are sent after a specified interval of time. For instance, first campaign immediately, second campaign after 3 days, and so on.
2. You could create drip campaigns for leads signing up for tradeshow, and they would be expecting to receive a confirmation email. And after the show a feedback email can be sent. All this in a single Drip Campaign.
3. Drip Campaign can become good reference for your lead community. For instance, if leads are looking to access a recently downloaded eBook. A download confirmation email will enable them to simply search their emails for the information.
4. Drip Campaigns can be used for educating new leads. You can use drip campaign as learning tutorial for your leads, something that they might find beneficial and valuable. It lays the groundwork for you to make a sale. This is the best method of turning new leads into customers and is a great application of a trigger-based email marketing campaign.
5. You can send automated emails to leads, based on their on visit behaviour on your website. Sending personalized offers to customers based on their visit behaviour on your website is an effective email marketing tactic. For example, if you are selling products on-line, you could send follow-up emails, to website visitors, all directly referencing products that they had browsed. These emails are extremely targeted.
6. You could send Drip Campaign using social triggers, like Facebook, Twitter, and so on to drive engagement.
7. You can use drip campaigns to imitate the real life follow-up emails, you or a member of your team, sends. This type of automation might impress the leads and may lead to a high response rate. For example, an email from a sales person, welcoming the lead to your website or application can be automated.
8. Drip Campaigns move interesting business information to personal inboxes without looking, or feeling like spam. A strategically written and sequenced drip campaigns does not just save money and time in qualifying and educating prospects, it also maximizes conversions and engagements.
You cannot deny the proven role of automated drip campaigns in lead engagement and product or service promotion. It helps stay in touch with your leads. Also, a truly engaging email message is a great way to stay connected to your audience in a low cost, effective way.