You can restrict user access to LeadSquared using IP addresses.
The IP whitelisting setting lets you create a list of IP addresses that can access LeadSquared. Users will only be able to log in from the IP addresses you whitelist (both IP addresses and IP address ranges can be whitelisted)
Note: Logins through suspect IPs (tors/anonymous proxies) are automatically disabled.
We support IP restrictions for the web application and API. However, it is not supported for the LeadSquared Mobile App.
- Restrict access to your LeadSquared account using IP address
- Restrict API access to your LeadSquared account using IP address
- You must be an Enterprise customer of LeadSquared
- You must be an administrator user of your LeadSquared account
- From the default dashboard of your LeadSquared application, go to My Account -> Settings -> Users and Permissions -> Restriction using IP Whitelisting. The Restrict using IP Whitelisting area appears on the right pane.
In this area you can view the following options:
Enable IP Restriction for Web
If enabled Yes, this setting allows you to restrict the access using IP addresses. Only users whose IP addresses are added to the IP whitelist will be able to access your LeadSquared account.
Note: If you do not want IP restriction for your account, please keep the default setting as No.
Example: Consider if the IP addresses 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 is added to the IP whitelist. Only users who are using these IP addresses will be able to access your LeadSquared account. All other IP addresses are blocked from accessing LeadSquared.
Note: Please make sure to add your own IP address to the IP whitelist before enabling the IP restriction. Enabling IP restrictions without adding your own IP address to the whitelist will block your own access to LeadSquared. If you enable IP restriction without adding your own IP address to the whitelist, the following pop-up box appears:
Enable IP Restrictions for API
If enabled Yes, this setting restricts API access to your LeadSquared account using IP addresses. Only users whose IP addresses are added to the whitelist are able to access your LeadSquared account using APIs.
Note: Please make sure that you add your own IP address to the IP whitelist before enabling the IP restriction for APIs. If you enable IP restriction for APIs without adding your own IP address, the following pop-up box appears:
After implementing IP whitelisting for APIs, your apps & connectors may stop working. To fix this issue you must add the following IP addresses to your whitelist (these are the IP addresses of the servers where the connectors are hosted) –
Adding IP Addresses to the Whitelist
- From the Restrict using IP Whitelisting area, click Add IP Addresses. The Add new IP to whitelist appears:
- Complete the following fields:
Type – Select the required IP type from the drop-down list. You can select either IP Address or CIDR/IP from the drop-down list.
IP – Enter the required IP address which is allowed access to your LeadSquared account.
Description – Enter the required description here. Example: Name of the user
- Click Save. The IP address is added to the IP Whitelist and the user with this address is able to access your LeadSquared account.
Did this article answer your questions on IP whitelisting? Please feel free to leave a comment below if it didn’t.