This help article allows you to understand how to make phone number field unique in your LeadSquared CRM. This allows you to uniquely identify a Lead using phone number. By making the phone number field unique, a LeadSquared user is not able to create a Lead record with duplicate phone number value.
Note: By default, the ‘Email’, ‘Phone’ and ‘Mobile’ lead fields are unique.
In order for the phone number to work as unique identifier for your Leads in your LeadSquared CRM, the format of the phone number should be defined in your LeadSquared settings. The following points are described in this help article.
- How to make the phone number a unique field?
- How to define the formatting of the Phone number field?
- You should be logged into your LeadSquared CRM.
- You should be an administrator user of your LeadSquared CRM.
How to make the phone number a unique field?
- From your default dashboard, go to My Account -> Settings -> Leads-> Lead Settings -> Lead Fields. The Lead Fields sections appear on the right pane.
- From the search field, search for Phone Number. The Phone Number field appears.
- Click the under Actions. You can view Mark Unique which marks the phone number field as the unique identifier in your LeadSquared account. Click Mark Unique and the Mark Unique pop-up box appears as shown in the image below:
Complete the following details:
- Phone number format – Allows you to verify whether an incoming Lead is accepted with or without the country code into your LeadSquared account. You can select either of the following options:
- Accept with country code
- Accept without country code
If you select Accept without country code, the country code options in the Mark Unique pop-up box is not available. Please see the below image for reference.
- Phone number length – Allows you to define the minimum and maximum number of digits the phone number field can have when it is set as a unique identifier in your LeadSquared account.
- If country code not provided – Allows you to automatically merge a default country code to a phone number, if a Lead is created with a phone number which does not have a country code.
You can select either of the following options:
Use default country code – Use the default code (which you specify in the Mark Unique pop-up box itself) when a Lead is created with a phone number which does not have a country code.
Throw error – This throws an error message when you try to create a Lead using a phone number which does not have a country code. Please see the below image for reference.
- Default country code – Allows you to set the default country code which you want to use when a Lead is created with a phone number which does not have a country code. Select the required country code from the drop-down list.
Once all the settings are completed, click Save. Your phone number field is saved as the unique identifier of your Leads in your LeadSquared account.
How to define the formatting of the Phone number field?
While using the Phone number field as the unique identifier in your LeadSquared CRM, it is advisable that you maintain all phone numbers with a country code to remove any ambiguities . You can also maintain without a country code.
Sample phone numbers maintained with country codes are given below:
- +91-9611923970 – A sample indian Telephone number with country code +91
- +1-541-754-3010 – A sample US telephone number with country code +1
- +44 (0)207 123 4567 – A sample UK telephone number with country code +44
To maintain phone number formatting, refer to Control Phone number format while capturing leads.