1. Feature Overview
Unique fields help you prevent junk/duplicate leads from being created in your system. When you make the phone number a unique field, users will not able to create a lead record with a duplicate phone number. It helps you keep your system clean by only allowing real leads to be created.
You should be an Administrator to make the phone number a unique field.
- Navigate to My Account>Settings>Leads>Lead Fields.
- In the search box type “phone number”.
- Click and choose Mark Unique.
- A pop appears showing you the current unique lead fields. If there are already three existing unique fields you will have to remove one of them. Click Mark Unique.
- Select the following settings-
- The length of the phone number: Select a minimum and a maximum number of digits that are required to recognize the number as a phone number. E.g., if you want to include the country code for a phone number registered in India, your minimum number of digits will be 10 and a maximum number of digits will be 12 depending on whether you want to make the country code mandatory or not.
- Country code: Check the box if you want to make the country code mandatory.
- If the user does not put in the country code you can set your account to use the default country code or throw an error.
- Select the default country code.
- Once you are done with defining the phone number format click Save.
4. Next Steps
5. Any Questions?
Let us know if you have any questions related to this article. We’ll get back to you ASAP.