This app captures all source and click information from your Google Adwords accounts for your Lead capture in LeadSquared. Using this app, all ad submission data such as keywords, campaign details, ad network details and so on is available at your Lead details window as an activity.
- You should have a Google AdWords account
- You must be logged into your LeadSquared account
- You must be an administrator user of your LeadSquared account
To install the LeadSquared Adwords Data Sync App:
- From your default LeadSquared dashboard, go to Apps -> Apps MarketPlace. The Market Place window appears:
- Under All Connectors -> Online Ads and select Adwords Data Sync. The Adwords Data Sync window appears:
- Click Add Connector. The LeadSquared Google AdWords Sync App is now installed.
The Settings feature appear in the AdWords Data Sync window once the installation is completed. You now need to configure the settings of your LeadSquared Google AdWords account. To do this:
- Under Settings, click Configure. The Configure Adwords Data Sync pop-up box appears:
- Click Add Google Adwords Account. The Adwords Data Sync configuration window appears:
This window allows you to link your Google AdWords account to your LeadSquared account to capture the details. It lets you manage and gives an overview of the AdWords accounts connected to Leadsquared
To link your Google AdWords account to LeadSquared:
- Click Add Account. A pop-up box requesting to select the required Google account appears:
- Select the required Google account to which you have Google Adwords enabled. The next step in the procedure appears:
- Click Allow. Your Google AdWords is added successfully with the message highlighted in the image below:
You can see that the account is added with Auto tagging enabled. This message appears only if the Auto Tagging feature is enabled from your Google AdWords account. If you try to add an account which does not have the Auto Tagging feature is enabled from your Google AdWords account, the following message appears which allows you to enable Auto Tagging.
- Select Enable Auto-tagging to proceed. For more information on Auto-tagging, refer to Auto-tagging.
Once the connector has been configured, a custom activity “Google AdWords capture” is created on the account. All click interaction data captured by AdWords is posted under this activity header to the lead.
Note: The activities are updated once every 24 hours.
A sample image of the activity is given below:
How to Add Multiple Google Accounts to the LeadSquared Google AdWords Sync App?
Once you add a Google account linked to your LeadSquared Google AdWords Sync app, the credentials of that particular google account is saved. So when you try to add another google account, the previous account credentials are used and you would not be able to add your account. Please see the below image for reference
In order to avoid this, you need to logout from your Google account before you add another Google account.
If you want to add an account which was previously used, then go to your Google accounts permission page and remove LeadSquared from the connected Apps.
Note: In order to avoid the above scenario, it is always advisable to add Google accounts to your LeadSquared Google AdWords Data Sync App in incognito browser mode.