The WYSIWYG HTML editor of the LeadSquared Email Campaign allows you to easily create powerful Emails. You can create an Email from scratch or you can select Use Draft Email, if you want to use a pre built email template/draft.
- You must be logged into your LeadSquared system.
To select the HTML Editor to create Email Campaign:
- From the default dashboard, go to Marketing -> Email Campaign. The Email Campaigns window appears.
- Click Create Email Campaign. The Step 01 – Select Message Template of the Email Campaign wizard appears.
- Click Use HTML. You have the following options to create Email Campaign using the HTML Editor.
- Use Rich-Text editor
- Paste your HTML
- Use Plain-Text editor
Once you have selected the Use Draft Email in Step 1, you will see 3 options to choose from.
A. Basic HTML Editor
B. Advanced HTML Editor
C. Text Message
HTML Editor option and clicked Next, you will be re-directed to the blank HTML editor page. Enter a relevant subject for the email campaign. The below screen shot shows the HTML editor with the important options available.
1. Insert Image: You can choose an image from your computer or from the LeadSquared library. It should be noted that the file size should be 1MB or less.
2. Insert Table: Inserting a table allows you the flexibility of adding contents in either rows or columns, which would make the content look better.
3. Insert Horizontal Line: You can add a line in the landing page to demarcate two different blocks, or even to distinguish between two different pieces of information.
4. Insert Link: The main purpose of this would be to redirect the user to your company’s website, or to allow the user to download any document, or maybe even to encourage users to try out your company’s product or service.
5. Attach File: You can upload the file from your computer or any file that is available in the LeadSquared library for the users to view or download.
6. HTML Source: This option would be of much use to you if you wab=nt to make further customizations to the content. For instance, adding color to a line, increasing or decresing border and so on.
7. Preview: You can preview the email in another browser. It is recommended that you preview the email for checking the look and feel and also the browser compatibility.
8. Switch Toolbar: Clicking on this button would enable or disable additional options on the toolbar.
2. Most of the options in the editor toolbar are standard. They include Font, Size, Format, Styles, Bold, Italic and so on.
3. Apart from the standard editing options, you can also insert a Table in the editor. Click on the Insert Table button. The Table Properties window opens up. Here you can specify the rows, columns, width and so on.
4. You can insert an image in the email campaign. Click on the Insert Image button and the Select Image window opens up. Here you can choose to upload an image from your computer or from the LeadSquared image library. The maximum image size must not exceed 1 MB.
You can right click on the inserted image to customize the image according to your requirements. In the Image Info tab, you can enter the height, width, border and alignment. In the Link tab, you can enter an external URL and also choose the target (click behavior).
5. You can insert a link in your email campaign. Typically the link would be of a landing page. Click on the Link button and the Link window opens up. Here you can specify the URL type, Protocol, Target type and other properties.
6. You can attach a document to your email campaign that the recipients can download. This can be a White Paper, Case Study or any document you feel is relevant. Click on the Attach File button. The Select File window opens up. You can upload the file from your computer or any file that is available in the LeadSquared library.
7. The Email Personalization box in the right can be made use of extensively to add details in the email which would make it more customized. You can use Lead Fields, Account Fields, Sender Fields or Owner Fields based on your requirements.
8. Before moving on to the next step, you have to mandatorily send test emails. You can do so by entering email addresses in the Send Test Emails box.
9. You can select the Include “view in browser” link check box to allow the recipient to view the email message in a browser.