1. Feature Overview
This connector syncs leads and activities between two LeadSquared accounts. In instances where your business uses two LeadSquared accounts to store leads, this connector will sync leads from account 1 to account 2, and vice versa. For example –
- In the healthcare industry, when you store lead data in one LeadSquared account, and patient data (a lead that’s converted into a paying customer) in a different LeadSquared account.
- In the real estate industry, when you store all the available properties’ data in one account, and all the sold properties’ data in a different account.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account to install and configure this connector.
- This is a paid feature. To enable it, reach out to your account manager, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Developer knowledge is required to configure this connector.
- The Webhooks User Automation Action must be enabled on the alternate LeadSquared account from which you want to capture and sync leads.
3. How it Works
This connector requires actions on both the LeadSquared accounts. For simplicity, we’ll refer to the account to which you want to sync leads as the destination account, and the account from which you’re pushing leads as the source account.
The following actions need to be carried out on the destination account –
- Install and configure the LeadSquared Lead Sync connector.
- Once configured, enable the connector sync.
- During configuration, a webhook URL is generated in the destination account. Copy this URL and configure it in your source account.
To enable the lead sync process in your LeadSquared source account, you must use the webhook URL generated to set up an automation using a New Lead or Lead Update trigger. Once the automation is published, every time a lead is created or updated, the automation triggers and pushes leads from the source account to the destination account.
These actions need to be carried out on the destination account.
- Navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace.
- Search for LeadSquared Lead Sync, and click Install.
- Alternatively, you can find the connector on the left panel, under Lead Capture.
- Once installed, hover your cursor over , and click Configure.
These actions also need to be carried out on the destination account.
On the Configure LeadSquared Lead Sync pop-up, configure the connector access for the non-Admin users in your account. Only those users for whom access is granted can view and access the connector (under the Apps main menu).
- Select if you want to grant Connector Access that’s Based on Role or Advanced (User Level).
- Based on Role – From the Specify Roles dropdown, select the LeadSquared user roles that can use the connector.
- Advanced (User Level) – From the Advanced (User Level) dropdown, select a user boolean field. Based on the value entered in the selected boolean field, the user can access the connector (e.g., for the user Sam, if the “Is Employee” boolean user field contains the value “Yes”, then this user can access the connector).
- Once you’re done, click Save Details. To continue the configuration, refer to the below sections.
6. Admin Configuration
These actions also need to be carried out on the destination account.
To continue the connector configuration, navigate to Apps>LeadSquared Lead Sync.
6.1 Basic Settings
Enter the following details –
|Lead Source||Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g., LeadSquared 2nd Account, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.|
|Default Country Code||If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, then the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.|
|Select Time Zone||The time zone followed in your other LeadSquared account.|
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria||To avoid creating duplicate leads in your account, you must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This is used to identify the leads pushed from the other LeadSquared account.|
To know how to mark a LeadSquared lead field as unique, please refer to How to Make a Custom Field Unique.
|Lead Capture Secondary Search By Criteria||If lead identification and capture through the primary Search By criteria fails, it will be re-attempted using the secondary Search By criteria.|
|Select User to Notify on Failure||If there is an error identifying and capturing leads who made the payment, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.|
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable Notification||Enable the checkbox to ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query.|
Once you’re done entering all the details, click Save & Next.
6.2 Entity Options
Define the sync behavior of the connector when leads and activities are captured.
6.2.1 Lead/Contact Entity
Based on the Lead Capture Search By criteria (email Id, phone number, etc.), LeadSquared identifies and captures leads from your alternative LeadSquared account. Lead capture is enabled by default, and it cannot be disabled. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that do not exist in your LeadSquared account will get created. Leads that currently exist in your LeadSquared account will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that do not exist in your LeadSquared account will get created.
- Update only existing record – Leads that currently exist in your LeadSquared account will get updated.
- Do Nothing – When a lead is created or updated in your alternative LeadSquared account, no action will be performed in this account.
Note: A lead is classified as a new lead or an existing lead based on the Lead Capture Search By Criteria you’ve selected in the previous section.
Once you configure the Sync Behaviour, you’ll have to ensure the field mapping is accurate. To do this, click Edit Mapping. On the Default/Edit Mapping screen, the default LeadSquared fields mapped from the alternative account to the present account are visible. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, click , enter the value under Default Value, and click .
- If the alternative LeadSquared account doesn’t send data for any lead field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- To mark a unique lead field as the search key, click .
- To create a custom lead field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant lead field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
6.2.2 Activity Entity
To post activities on leads, against Activity Entity, enable the slider. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour when activities are posted in LeadSquared –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – New activities will get posted against the lead in your primary LeadSquared account, while existing activities will get updated.
- Create only new record – Only new activities will get posted to the leads in the primary LeadSquared account.
- Update only existing record – Only existing activities on the leads will get updated in the primary LeadSquared account.
- When Activity Entity is enabled, ensure the field mapping is accurate. To know more, refer to the previous section Edit Mapping.
- An activity is classified as a new activity or an existing activity based on the Lead Capture Search By Criteria you’ve selected in the previous section.
Once you’re done, click Save & Next.
6.3 Webhook URL
After you provide basic details and finish field mapping, a custom webhook URL is generated. To automate lead and activity capture, copy this URL and use it to set up an automation on your alternative LeadSquared account. To know more, refer to User Automation Actions – Webhook.
After you’ve set up the webhook, click More Actions, and enable the sync job. This ensures leads from your alternative LeadSquared account are captured in this account.
7. Actions to Be Completed on the Source Account
These actions need to be carried out on the LeadSquared source account.
Once the webhook URL is generated in the destination account, copy the URL, and use it to create an automation on the source account, using the User Automation Actions – Webhook.
- On the LeadSquared account (2), navigate to Workflow>Automation.
- Create a automation using a New Lead or Lead Update trigger.*
- Click , and under Actions, click Webhook.
- On the Webhook – PostWebhook pop-up, alongside URL, paste the Webhook URL generated in the previous section. Ensure you select the method as “https://”, and remember to remove the same from the URL when you’re pasting it.
- Once the URL is added, click Verify. Once it’s successfully verified, enter the other details. To know more, refer to User Automation Actions – Webhook.
- Once all the mandatory details are entered, click Save, and then click Publish. This will begin the lead sync process, and every time a lead is created/updated in this account, the lead will get pushed to your destination account.
8. View Logs
On the destination account, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads), Updated Events (Updated Leads), and Errors (when capturing leads).
- Navigate to Apps>LeadSquared Lead Sync.
- From the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – A list of all the new leads that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Leads that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Failed – The list of leads that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pushed from MoEngage.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
9. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the LeadSquared Lead Sync connector –
- Navigate to Apps>App Marketplace, and search for LeadSquared Lead Sync.
- Alongside the LeadSquared Lead Sync connector, hover your cursor over .
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Edit Configuration
- Disable Configuration
- Remove Configuration
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!