1. Feature Overview
The Day Plan maps out the quickest and most optimal route your field sales users should take to complete their to-dos and appointments for the day. This route is displayed to users through the LeadSquared mobile app, and it is calculated based on the geographical location of the tasks that have been assigned to them.
- Only tasks that are due on that given day show up under the Day Plan. Overdue tasks do not show up.
- To-do task types without a location tagged to them will not be available on the Day Plan. All appointment task types, with or without a location, will be available on the Day Plan. You can choose from the available task types to show up in your plan.
- The Day Plan feature is currently available only on the LeadSquared Android App.
- Your users must have the LeadSquared app installed on their mobile devices, and location permission access must be enabled. To know more, refer to Location Tracking on LeadSquared Mobile.
- The Lead Location Updater app should be installed and configured.
- Users must be checked-in to LeadSquared for the Day Plan to show up. To know how to do this, refer to User Management Features: Check-In and Check-Out.
- The Location Tracking setting should be enabled. To know more, refer to Location Tracking on LeadSquared Mobile.
- To-do task types must be created with actual addresses, and not placeholder values (such as XYZ, etc.).
- All tasks assigned to the user must be located within the same country. If tasks are due on the same day across different countries, then the Day Plan won’t work as intended.
- The scheduled time of the To-do tasks must be less than a day, for it to show up in the plan.
- Task forms must contain the ‘Location’ and Effort Estimate’ fields, along with their respective values.
3. Start & End Details
Once the Day Plan feature is enabled on your account, provide the following details –
- Start Details – The following details are required to begin your workday –
- Start Time – The start time of your workday.
- Start Location – The geographic location from where you’ll start your day (e.g., the location of your first task of the day, etc.). By default, your current location is picked up. If required, you can update it to a different location.
- End Details – The following details are required to complete your workday.
- End Time – The end time of your workday.
- End Location – The geographic location at which you’ll complete your day (e.g., the location of your last task of the day, etc.). By default, your current location is picked up. If required, you can update it to a different location.
4. Customize Day Plan
You can customize the Day Plan to show relevant tasks. This step is optional –
- Login to the LeadSquared mobile app.
- On the home screen, tap , then scroll down and tap Day Plan (Beta).
- On the Day Plan (Beta) screen, tap .
- On the Customise Plan screen, select the Appointments and To-Dos you want to display in the plan.
- Once you’re done, tap Set Criteria. All the selected tasks will show up on your Day Plan.
5. View Tasks
5.1 List View
To view the list of tasks assigned to you, on the Day Plan (Beta) screen, tap SHOW MY PLAN. Once you’re done viewing the plan, tap START PLAN.
5.2 Map View
To view the geographic location of the tasks assigned to you –
- On the Day Plan (Beta) screen, tap SHOW MY PLAN.
- From the banner, tap the icon.
- Alternatively, tap START PLAN.
- On the map view screen, scroll the task card horizontally to navigate from one task to the next task.
- Once you’re done viewing the plan, tap START PLAN.
6. Start & End Task
Once you’ve arrived at the task location, on the Day Plan (Beta) screen, tap Start Task.
Once the task is completed, tap End Task to complete the task.
7. Other Actions
You can perform the following actions from the Day Plan (Beta) screen –
- Edit Task Details (such as task time, location, etc.).
- Cancel Task
- Call Lead
- End Plan
8. Label Tags
Tasks in the Day Plan might contain one of the following labels –
- Conflict – When two tasks are scheduled at the same time and are overlapping. For e.g., if a Meeting task is scheduled at 11:30, for a duration of 30-minutes, and a Follow-up task is scheduled at 11:40, then the “Conflict” tag shows up alongside both tasks.
- Infeasible – When it is not possible to reach the physical location of an upcoming task on time, because of the long distance between the geographic location of two consecutive tasks. For e.g., if you have a Meeting task at Location A at 11:30, for a duration of 30-minutes, and another Meeting task at Location B at 12:15, and if the distance between the two locations is 25 kilometers, then the “Infeasible” tag shows up alongside the Meeting task at Location B.
- Error – When the geographic location of a task is invalid (e.g., a task in the middle of an ocean, etc.).
- Cancelled – This tag is labeled when a task is canceled.
- Completed – This tag is labeled when a task is completed.
If you get the error, “Kindly contact your Admin to enable this feature for your account.” when using the Day Plan feature, ensure the –
- Lead Location Updater connector is installed and configured in your account.
- Location Tracking on LeadSquared Mobile feature is enabled on your account.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!