These are SMS messages which are sent to your contacts to pass on information necessary for using your product or service.
- A message sent by a college to a student about a joining date.
- A message sent to a lead as confirmation of their online submission
- A message sent to a caller acknowleding their call to your sales/support number
Examples of Transactional templates:
- “Your order no %d% has been shipped. You will receive this order by %s%. Thanks for using our services.”
- “Thanks for your interest in our product. Your enquiry number is %s%”
- Thank you signing up for LeadSquared. We will contact you shortly.
Note: %s% is used to substitute text which is unique to your contact/prospect.
To send SMS within Indian territory, refer to TRAI Notification in this regard http://nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/regulation1diccndiv.pdf
These are SMSes which are sent with the objective of promoting your product or service. This category includes any sales & marketing messages which may or may not be solicited by the recipient.
In India, promotional SMSes can be send only from 9AM to 9PM and only to numbers that are not on the NDNC registry (DND number).
Examples of promotional SMS:
- Dear <name>, Get Flat 10% Off on all our products. Buy now on our website!
- Dear <name>, Our team wishes you a very Happy <event>. We have sent you a gift voucher to your email address. Hurry! Last date to avail the voucher is <date>
As a thumb rule, SMSes that have offers, coupons etc can be considered as promotional content.