These are SMS messages you send to leads to inform them about details necessary to use your products/services. For example –
- A message sent by a college to a student about a joining date.
- A message sent to a lead as confirmation of their online submission.
- A message sent to a caller acknowledging their call to your sales/support number.
Examples of Transactional SMS Templates:
- Your order no %d% has been shipped. You will receive this order by %s%. Thanks for using our services.
- Thanks for your interest in our product. Your enquiry number is %s%.
- Thank you signing up for LeadSquared. We will contact you shortly.
- %s% is used to substitute the text which is unique to your contact/prospect.
- To send SMS within Indian territory, refer to TRAI Notification.
These are SMS messages you send to leads with the objective of promoting your product/service. This category includes any sales and marketing messages which may or may not be required for the recipient.
Examples of Promotional SMS Templates:
- Dear <name>, Get Flat 10% Off on all our products. Buy now on our website!
- Dear <name>, Our team wishes you a very Happy <event>. We’ve sent you a gift voucher to your email address. Hurry! Last date to avail the voucher is <date>.
- In India, promotional SMS can only be sent from 9AM to 9PM and only to phone numbers that are not on the NDNC registry (DND number).
- All SMS messages that have offers, coupons, etc., can be considered as promotional content.
- To learn more about creating SMS templates, see How to Create Transactional SMS templates and get them approved?
- To know more about sending SMS through LeadSquared, refer to