What is a Custom Tab?
Custom Tab is a custom lead page where you can fetch data from external sources about the leads. The lead data you see comes from what is stored in LeadSquared. Using custom tabs, you can fetch the data about leads from external systems and display it along with lead details in LeadSquared.
Sample Use Cases
- Show all support tickets stored in external systems (like Zendesk, FreshDesk and so on) associated with the Leads and display it as a separate tab in Lead Details.
- Display a tab in Lead Details for the list of products added in cart by the lead in an E-commerce site.
- Display a tab in Lead Details for the properties a lead may be interested.
- Display all leads which are similar to a lead (based on Phone Number, Location or any other Lead Field attribute). This can be used to find duplicate leads or related (Family, Company) leads.
- For customers who use multiple accounts of LeadSquared: Consider you manage Leads in one LeadSquared account till a certain stage and then move to a different LeadSquared account. You can connect the leads using custom tab.
You should be an Administrator user of the LeadSquared application.
How to Configure it?
Go to Apps -> Apps Marketplace and search and select Custom Tab Connector from the Search field.
- Click Install. The connector is installed.
Once the installation is complete, the connector should be configured. To configure:
- Under Settings , click Configure. The Configure Custom Tab Connector pop-up box appears.
- Click Add Custom Tab. The fields to provide the custom tab title and URL appears below.
Complete following fields:
Title: Enter the title of the custom tab that you want to create.
URL: Enter an HTTPs URL which is rendered as a custom tab in the corresponding Lead Details page.
This URL should be of an application (it will be most likely a custom application that you create) that accepts LeadSquared lead merge fields as parameter and passes it to an external application (like support system, another CRM or marketing system, another LeadSquared account) to get the data. Then you would need to render the response in HTML and the same will be displayed in the Custom Tab.
Click to view the list of all lead merge fields which can be used in your URL.
- Click Save.
You will be able to see the tab after you Save. You can drag and re-arrange the custom tab to any position of the Lead Details tab.
Close the config windows and check any lead. You should be able to see the new tab in lead details alongwith data if everything is set properly.