1. Feature Overview
This connector captures leads from Forminator on your WordPress account to LeadSquared. You can configure the connector to capture leads in real-time from your WordPress Forminator. Once the leads are captured, you can leverage LeadSquared’s CRM features to nurture and convert your leads.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- You must have the Forminator plugin installed in your WordPress account.
- This is a paid feature. To enable it, reach out to your account manager, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How it Works
To push lead data from your WordPress Forminator Forms to your LeadSquared account, configure the Forminator connector instance. Once configured, enable the connector sync.
During configuration, a webhook URL is generated in LeadSquared. You can copy the LeadSquared Webhook URL and configure it in your WordPress account. Once configured, the lead capture process is initiated.
You must first install and configure the Forminator connector.
- Navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace.
- Search for Forminator, and click Install.
- Alternatively, you can find the connector on the left panel, under Word Press.
- Once installed, hover your cursor over , and click Configure.
4.1 Configure the connector
Once you’ve installed the connector, on the Configure Forminator pop-up, configure the connector access for the non-Admin users in your account. Only those users for whom access is granted can view and access the connector (under the Apps main menu).
- Select if you want to grant Connector Access that’s Based on Role or Advanced (User Level).
- Based on Role – From the Specify Roles dropdown, select the LeadSquared user roles that can use the connector.
- Advanced (User Level) – From the Advanced (User Level) dropdown, select a user boolean field. Based on the value entered in the selected boolean field, the user can access the connector (e.g., for the user Sam, if the “Is Employee” boolean user field contains the value “Yes”, then this user can access the connector).
- Once you’re done, click Save Details. To continue the configuration, refer to the below sections.
5. Admin Configuration
To continue the connector configuration, navigate to Apps>Forminator.
5.1 Basic Settings
Enter the following details –
|Lead Source||Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g.,Forminator, email campaign, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.|
|Default Country Code||If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.|
|Select Time Zone||The time zone followed in your WordPress account.|
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria||To avoid duplicate leads, you must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This is used to identify the leads pushed from Forminator.|
To know how to mark a LeadSquared lead field as unique, please refer to How to Make a Custom Field Unique.
|Lead Capture Secondary Search By Criteria||If lead identification and capture through the primary Search By criteria fails, it will be re-attempted using the secondary Search By criteria.|
|Select User to Notify on Failure||If there is an error in fetching leads, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.|
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable Notification||To ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query, enable the checkbox.|
Once you’ve entered all the details, click Save & Next.
5.2 Entity Options
Define the sync behavior of the connector when leads are captured.
5.2.1 Lead/Contact Entity
Based on the Lead Capture Search By criteria (email Id, phone number, etc.), LeadSquared identifies and captures leads from Forminator. Lead capture is enabled by default, and it cannot be disabled. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that only exist in your WordPress account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared. Leads that exist in both your data provider and LeadSquared accounts will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that only exist in your WordPress account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Leads that exist in both your WordPress account and LeadSquared accounts will get updated in LeadSquared.
On the Mapping screen, the Forminator system fields mapped to the corresponding LeadSquared lead fields are visible. This mapping is carried out by default. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, click , enter the value under Default Value, and click .
- If the data provider doesn’t send data for any lead field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- You can also mark and update a unique lead field as the search key from this screen, by clicking .
- To create a custom Forminator field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant LeadSquared lead field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
Once you’re done, click Save & Next.
- Based on the lead fields configured in your Forminator, and the use case you’re trying to solve, add or update the lead fields mapped in LeadSquared.
- If you face an error when carrying out the field mapping, refer to How to Map Entity Options for Lead Capture.
5.3 Generate Webhook URL
After you provide basic details and finish field mapping, a custom webhook URL is generated. To automate lead capture, copy this URL and configure it on your WordPress account. To know how to do this, refer to the next section.
After you’ve set up the webhook, click More Actions, and enable the sync job. This ensures that through the webhook, lead data from Forminator is pushed to LeadSquared.
Note: To view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place, from the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs.
6. Add Webhook to WordPress Form
Once the LeadSquared webhook is generated, add and configure this webhook on your WordPress Form.
6.1 Install Forminator Plugin
- In your WordPress account, hover your mouse over the Plugins option and click on Add New.
- Type Forminator in the search box.
- Click Install Now.
6.2 Create a Form and Configure the Webhook
- Once you install the plugin, navigate to the left side of your screen. Under the Forminator plugin, click Integrations.
- Alongside Webhook, click . Then, click Activate.
- On the left side of your screen, under the Forminator plugin, click Forms.
- Alongside the form you’ve created, click Edit.
- Click Integrations. Alongside Webhook, click .
- Enter the webhook URL you copied in section 5.3.
- Click Save.
7. View Logs
Here, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads), Updated Events (Updated Leads), and Errors (when capturing leads).
- Navigate to Apps>Forminator.
- From the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – List of all the new leads that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Leads that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Failed – The list of leads that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pushed from Forminator.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
8. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the Forminator connector instance that you created. To do this –
- Navigate to Apps>App Marketplace.
- Search for Forminator.
- Alongside the Forminator connector, hover your cursor over .
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Edit Configuration
- Disable Configuration
- Remove Configuration
9. View Reports
You can view the total number of leads that have been pushed by Forminator, by referring to the Lead Source report. To know more, please refer to How to track the source of your Leads using Lead Source Report?
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!