1. Feature Overview
Opportunities in LeadSquared represent potential deals. Through opportunity management, you can track various aspects of deals in progress. This article will help you understand how to create forms for multiple opportunity types, configure opportunity types, and add opportunities to your leads. To know more about opportunities, refer to
You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account to access this feature.
3. Configure Opportunity Type
Opportunity types are templates you can create for the various products your business offers. Once an opportunity type is created, users can post it on leads, and track these to completion. Examples of opportunity types are –
- Home loan
- Vehicle loan
- Online courses
- Upselling a feature
You can add and configure multiple opportunity types for your organization.
- From the main menu, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Opportunities.
- Under the Opportunity Types tab, click Create.
- Under Create Opportunity Type, you’ll have three tabs – Basic Details, Field Configuration and Form Configuration.
3.1 Basic Details
These are the basic details that are required to create an opportunity. The fields are –
|Name||The name for your opportunity (Car Loan, Course, etc.). This field is mandatory.|
|Plural Name||The plural name for your opportunity (Car Loans, Courses, etc.). This field is mandatory.|
|Description||A description to help your team understand the Opportunity better. This field is optional.|
|Allow Delete||If you want to give users the permission to delete the Opportunity, tick on the “Allow Delete” checkbox. This field is optional.|
|Allow Opportunity Change||If you want to keep a log of all the changes and updates to the Opportunity, tick on the “Audit Opportunity Changes” checkbox. This field is optional.|
Note: You must follow the above steps to update an existing opportunity.
Once you’re done, click Next.
3.2 Field Configuration
Add custom fields which have to be filled out by your users while managing opportunities.
You can track the current status of the opportunity in the sales funnel through Status Configuration. To configure it, click on the icon.
- Create a list of stages that your opportunity can be in, under Status. Each of these statues can be depicted using a colour. To create a list of statuses –
- Under Status, towards the bottom of the page, click Add.
- Add a list of statues that would be apt for your business, and assign a colour for each entry.
- Click the icon to save your list of statues.
- To edit an existing status, click the icon.
- To delete an existing status, click the icon.
- “Open”, “Won” and “Lost” are default statues on this page. You can choose to retain them or delete them.
- Create a list of reasons for changes in each status, under Status – Reason. You can list down multiple reasons for each status. Users can select a reason from the list every time they update an opportunity status. This will help all the stakeholders track the opportunity to completion. To add reasons –
- Select the status for which you want to add reasons, and click the Add button found at the bottom of the page.
- Click the icon.
- Add reasons that could be indicative of status change.
- Click the icon to save your list of reasons.
- The number in a bracket next to the status indicates the number of reasons listed for that particular status.
- To edit an existing reason, click the icon.
- To delete an existing reason, click the icon.
- To enable user comments while changing the opportunity status, tick the “Enable Comments” checkbox at the bottom of the page.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
- A default number of fields are pre-selected. These fields are mandatory.
- You can use the Add Field button at the bottom of the page select multiple custom fields, depending on your requirement.
- Under Mandatory, tick the checkboxes for mandatory fields that your users must populate.
- Once you are done, click Next.
3.3 Form Configuration
Create forms to enable your users to capture opportunity details. To know more, refer to
In this section, you can edit two types of forms – the default form and the left panel form.
- Under Select Form to Edit, choose “Create”.
- There are four mandatory fields – “Created On”, “Opportunity Name”, “Owner” and “Status”. These fields cannot be deleted.
- You can add other custom fields, through drag and drop from the list of available fields on the right side of your page.
- You can add multiple sections to the form. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add Section.
To access the form, from the main menu, navigate to Leads>Manage Opportunities, and click the Add Opportunity button, available on the right side of the screen.
Left Panel Form
- Under Select Form to Edit, choose “Left Panel”.
- Select a colour for the tab by clicking the dropdown.
- Along with the VCard, this colour will be visible on the Activities History tab on the Lead Details page, to help users identify all activities associated with the opportunity.
- The two mandatory fields are First Name and Last Name.
- You can remove existing fields by clicking the icon.
- You can drag and drop fields from Available Fields, on the right side of the screen. You can only add fields that are available for the Opportunity.
- Under Available Fields, you can search from your list of Lead Fields. To do this, choose Lead Fields from the dropdown.
Note: You cannot add Lead Fields to the VCard. You can only add it to the Related Lead section.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
To access the form, from the main menu, navigate to Leads>Manage Opportunities, and click on a lead on whom the Opportunity was created. On the Lead Details page, you can find the Left Panel. To edit the opportunity, hover your cursor on the top right corner of the VCard, and click the icon.
To know how to manage opportunities, and perform multiple actions on them, such as updates, exports and reset filters, refer to Opportunity Management.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!