1. Feature Overview
The RingCentral texting connector lets you send texts to leads directly from your LeadSquared account. In addition, you’ll be able to –
- Set up automated SMS campaigns with notifications and reminders.
- Track incoming and outgoing SMS logs as activities.
- Eliminate the need to switch between multiple applications and your SMS activities in one place.
For RingCentral call integration, see RingCentral Telephony Connector.
- You must be an administrator user of your Leadsquared account.
- Your account plan must support SMS integration.
- You must have an active account with RingCentral.
- On the main menu, navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace and search for “RingCentral Texting”.*
- Click Install.
- Once installed, hover your cursor over the settings wheel, then click Configure.
* You can also find it under the SMS category on the left pane.
First, complete the Set Up step by clicking Sign In with RingCentral.
Enter your RingCentral account credentials.
Click Authorize to give LeadSquared access to the necessary permissions.
You’ll see the icon once you’ve successfully connected to your RingCentral account. Click Next.
Fill in the required fields (see table below), then click Save.
|SMS Opt-Out Field||By default, the ‘Do Not SMS’ field will be considered. If this field is not available in your account, you can select a field (of boolean type) from the list. Leads for which the value of the opt-out field is set to ‘True’ will not receive any SMS.|
|Virtual Number||Select the number that will be primarily used to send SMS, for example, the company’s main phone number. Ensure that the number is –|
5. Configure SMS Templates
Once the app is installed, you can configure SMS templates –
- From the main menu, navigate to Apps>RC-SMS Templates.
- Click Create Template.
- Enter the template details, then click Save.
6. Send SMS
You can now send SMS to your leads from multiple areas within the application. When you initiate the send text action, you’ll see the following pop-up.
Note: You can only send 1 to 1 SMS to your leads. The bulk SMS feature isn’t available with this integration.
|1||Sending Message to||You can send messages to multiple numbers saved under the lead.|
|2||From||You can send the message from the main virtual number configured in the connector, or from other numbers saved under the agent. To add more numbers to an agent, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Users and Permissions and edit the user’s mobile number details.|
Note: If you want to send the message from any agent number other than the main number, you’ll be prompted to sign-in to the RingCentral account associated with that number. This is a one-time activity.
|3||Message Body||You can type your own custom message in the body and make of templates (reference 4) and mail merge fields (reference 5).|
|4||Templates||See section 5 above to configure SMS templates.|
|5||Parameter||Lets you select lead and user parameters.|
6.1 Manage Leads
On the Manage Leads page (from the main menu, navigate to Leads>Manage Leads) –
- Under Actions, click the settingsicon.
- Hover your cursor over Messaging, then click Send Text.
6.2 Lead Details
On the Lead Details page –
- Hover your cursor over Lead Actions.
- Under Messaging, click Send Text.
You can also send SMS to leads through automation.
- Navigate to Workflow>Automation.
- Create a new automation or edit an existing one.
- After selecting the type of automation and the trigger, click the add icon, click Messaging, then click Send Text.
For more information, see How to Send SMS through Automation.
7. SMS Activities
You can track your sent and received SMS from the Lead Details or Manage Activities pages. We automatically post either SMS Sent or SMS Received activities in real-time.
7.1 Lead Details
You can also click on the SMS Sent link to view more details.
7.2 Manage Activities
You can also view the list of leads with SMS activities. Be sure to select either SMS Sent or SMS Received activities from the Activity Type drop.
Was this article helpful? Leave us a comment and let us know.