1. Feature Overview
- Gives sales users a single work area for accessing accounts, leads, activities and tasks.
- Provides a better alternative to quick filters – you can view your saved filters as tabs and apply filters and sort orders per tab.
- Shows you the count of leads on each tab.
- Automatically refreshes so your tabs are always updated.
You can also receive daily reports for the views you create. So if you want a daily report for new leads added, pending tasks for the day, sales tasks completed yesterday, activities posted yesterday, etc., all you need to do is set up a view and subscribe to the report (For more details, see the ‘Subscribe to Smart Views Reports’ section of this article).
For more information on Smart Views, also see
2. Default Tabs
You’ll see the following tabs on the Smart Views page by default – “My New Leads”, “My Leads with Pending Tasks”, “My Engaged Leads” and “My Customers”. You can search for leads and apply filters within each tab, edit the search conditions and also hide or delete the tabs you don’t want to see –
3. Create a New Tab
- Click the downward arrow icon alongside the default tabs to open the List All Tabs menu.
- In the menu, click the Add New Tab link.
- In the Add New Tab pop-up enter –
- Type – Set the tab up to display accounts, leads, activities or tasks.
- Name – Enter a name for the tab and select a colour.
- Description – Enter a description
- Condition – Lets you set up conditions according to your use case (E.g., leads who opened a particular email campaign, leads who visited a particular webpage, etc.).
- Click Add then click the Set Criteria button. You can set multiple conditions if required.
- Click Save.
This example shows you how to set up a lead tab where the ‘Last Activity’ is ‘Email Bounced’ –
4. Subscribe to Smart Views Reports
You can subscribe to the Smart Views Daily Report that summarizes the latest accounts, leads, activities and tasks added to your smart views filters.
- Navigate to My Account>Account Settings>My Report Subscriptions and click the checkbox alongside Smart Views Summary.
- Click the Select Views link to choose which smart views filters you want displayed in your report.
Alternatively, you can just click the Subscribe to this report checkbox under the tab you want to receive a daily report for –
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.