1. Feature Overview
Administrators can create smart views and assign them to different teams. As an admin, this gives you control over the views each of your teams see. With this feature, you can show your teams only those accounts, leads, opportunities, activities and tasks relevant to them.
Note: Smart views assigned to teams will be visible on both web and mobile platforms. This feature is especially helpful to assign smart views to teams working solely on mobile.
As an admin, you can manage smart views by navigating to My Profile>Settings>Leads>Views>Smart Views.
2. Create a New Smart View
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Leads>Views>Smart Views and click Create.
- Enter a name for the new smart view tab, then click Create Tabs. You can add Lead, Opportunity, Activity and Task type tabs.
- Create the smart view tab and click Save. For details on how to create a new smart view tab see the ‘Create a New Tab’ section here.
The following example shows a new smart views tab for ‘Leads from Bangalore’ –
Note: You can create a smart view tab for opportunities as well, by following the same steps as above. To enable opportunities on your account, please write to email@example.com
2.1 Configure Quick Actions and Menu Actions
When you create or edit a smart view tab, you can configure the actions you want a user to have on the particular entity. Under the Actions column, click the Configure link –
Now, select/de-select the quick actions and menu actions you want to display, then click Done. Click Save once you exit the pop-up.
The actions will now appear on the Smart Views page.
Note: You can also configure lead actions on task tabs. This will help you use task tabs as a single work area.
2.2 Re-Order Columns
You can re-order columns for any tab by simply dragging and dropping them in the appropriate place –
3. Assign a Smart View Tab to a Team
Once you’ve created a smart view tab, you can assign it to a team.
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Leads>Views>Smart Views.
- Hover the cursor over the Actions menu, then click Assign Team.
- Alongside the team you want to assign the smart view to, under the Actions column, click the Editicon.
- In the drop-down under the Smart View column, select the smart view you want to assign the team.
- Click the checkbox under the Replace column if you wish to replace the previous smart view that was assigned to the team. This will also replace the smart view for any children teams that were inheriting the previous smart view.
- Click the Saveicon when under the Actions column when you’re done.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.