Only install this app once you have updated the main LeadSquared Mobile App to the latest version.
You can check the version number by navigating to the main menu of the app and selecting –
Call and SMS Tracker
To start tracking call and SMS activities on your LeadSquared mobile app, download our Call and SMS tracker app –
Google updated it’s Google Play Developer policy, changing how permissions related to Call Logs and SMS are handled.
Now, only apps which use Call and SMS permissions as part of their core functionality are allowed to request for them. This means that only apps selected as the user’s default app for making calls or sending text messages are permitted to access Call and SMS Logs (see Use of SMS or Call Log permission groups). As a result, many popular apps have either removed features and functionality that are dependent on these permissions or de-listed themselves from the Google Play Store.
LeadSquared has removed Call and SMS permissions from the Android app available on the Google Play Store. To use Call and SMS related features (Call recording and Lead Id pop-up, automated call and SMS tracking), you will now have to download the LeadSquared Call and SMS Tracker app.
- This app is only an assistant to the main LeadSquared app available on the Play Store. Its purpose is to enable Call and SMS tracking functionality.
- To automatically record calls, on the Permissions page, under Call and SMS, enable the Record Calls permission. To know more about call recording, see Record Calls in the LeadSquared App.
Once you click the download app button above, you may be prompted with a request to ‘Install Apps from Unknown Sources’. This is required to allow your default browser to download apps from the web.
You can also enable this permission from your device settings –
- On your device, navigate to Settings.
- Search for Unknown Sources. Then enable Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
Depending on your device the setting may look like this –
Or like this –
Once you install the app, first login to your LeadSquared account –
Be sure to accept all permissions so –
- All Call and SMS activities are automatically captured.
- Call Recordings with your business prospects are captured.
- All lead calls that were recorded can be stored in your device.
Note: As long as these permissions are enabled Call and SMS tracking functionality –
- Will continue to work even if the Call and SMS tracker app is not running in the background.
- Will work even if you are offline.
- Can be disabled only from the settings of your device.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!