1. Feature Overview
Google updated it’s Google Play Developer policy, changing how permissions related to Call Logs and SMS are handled.
Now, only apps which use Call and SMS permissions as part of their core functionality are allowed to request for them. This means that only apps selected as the user’s default app for making calls or sending text messages are permitted to access Call and SMS Logs (see Use of SMS or Call Log permission groups). As a result, many popular apps have either removed features and functionality that are dependent on these permissions or de-listed themselves from the Google Play Store.
LeadSquared has removed Call and SMS permissions from the Android app available on the Google Play Store. To use Call and SMS related features (Call recording and Lead Id pop-up, automated call and SMS tracking), you will now have to download the LeadSquared Call and SMS Tracker app. This app allows you to enable all relevant permissions for call and SMS recording.
- You must have an Android mobile device. The call recording feature is not supported on iOS devices.
- Only install this app once you have updated the main LeadSquared Mobile App to the latest version.
- You can check the version number by navigating to the main menu of the app and selecting –
3. Install Call and SMS Tracker App
To start tracking call and SMS activities on your LeadSquared mobile app, download our Call and SMS tracker app –
Once you click the download app button above, you may be prompted with a request to ‘Install Apps from Unknown Sources’. This is required to allow your default browser to download apps from the web.
You can also enable this permission from your device settings –
- On your device, navigate to Settings.
- Search for Unknown Sources. Then enable Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
Depending on your device the setting may look like this –
Or like this –
Once you install the app, first login to your LeadSquared account –
Be sure to accept all permissions so –
- All Call and SMS activities are automatically captured.
- Call Recordings with your business prospects are captured.
- All lead calls that were recorded can be stored in your device.
Note: As long as these permissions are enabled Call and SMS tracking functionality –
- Will continue to work even if the Call and SMS tracker app is not running in the background.
- Will work even if you are offline.
- Can be disabled only from the settings of your device.
4. Enable Call Recording on Your Device
You can record your users’ inbound/outbound calls for review and quality control. The calls are automatically posted as activities in the Activity History section of the Lead Details page. Recorded calls can also be downloaded.
- This feature may not be supported in some mobile phones as it is device dependent. If it is not supported on your mobile, reach out to your account manager or write to support.
- If you’re using Xiaomi mobile phone, enable call recording through Mobile device settings.
To enable call recording on your device –
- From the dashboard, tap .
- Tap and then tap Call and SMS.
- Under Call Settings, enable the following permissions –
- Show lead identification popup.
- Show popup for unknown numbers.
- Record calls.
5. Set Call Recording Permissions on Web App
- From the main menu, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Mobile App>Permissions.
- Click Edit.
- Under Calls and SMS, set these permissions under the specific user roles to record calls –
- Track Calls.
- Record Calls –
- No Calls – No call activities are recorded.
- All Calls – All call activities are recorded.
- Track SMS.
- Override settings on device – If enabled, the call and sms permissions set by the Admin will override the mobile device level settings enabled by the users.
- Click Save.
6. View Recorded Activities
6.1 On the Web App
- Navigate to Lead>Manage Leads.
- Click on a relevant lead and open the Lead Details page.
- On the Lead Details tab, click Activity History.
- Alongside the call activity,
- To download the recording, click .
- To listen to the recording, click .
6.2 On the Mobile App
- Navigate to the relevant Lead Details page.
- Tap Activity History.
- Tap on the relevant outbound call activity.
- On the Activity Details page, alongside Recording, tap .
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!