1. Feature Overview
Google updated it’s Google Play Developer policy, changing how permissions related to Call Logs and SMS are handled.
Now, only apps which use Call and SMS permissions as part of their core functionality are allowed to request for them. This means that only apps selected as the user’s default app for making calls or sending text messages are permitted to access Call and SMS Logs (see Use of SMS or Call Log permission groups). As a result, many popular apps have either removed features and functionality that are dependent on these permissions or de-listed themselves from the Google Play Store.
LeadSquared has removed Call and SMS permissions from the Android app available on the Google Play Store. To use Call and SMS related features (Call recording and Lead Id pop-up, automated call and SMS tracking), you will now have to download the LeadSquared Call and SMS Tracker app. This app allows you to enable all relevant permissions for call and SMS recording.
- This app is only an assistant to the main LeadSquared app available on the Play Store. Its purpose is to enable Call and SMS tracking functionality.
- To automatically record calls, on the Permissions page, under Call and SMS, enable the Record Calls permission.
- You must have an Android mobile device. The call recording feature is not supported on iOS devices.
- Only install this app once you have updated the main LeadSquared Mobile App to the latest version.
- You can check the version number by navigating to the main menu of the app and selecting –
3. Install Call and SMS Tracker App
To start tracking call and SMS activities on your LeadSquared mobile app, download our Call and SMS tracker app –
Download the latest version now
Once you click the download app button above, you may be prompted with a request to ‘Install Apps from Unknown Sources’. This is required to allow your default browser to download apps from the web.
You can also enable this permission from your device settings –
- On your device, navigate to Settings.
- Search for Unknown Sources. Then enable Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
Depending on your device the setting may look like this –
Or like this –
Once you install the app, first login to your LeadSquared account –
Be sure to accept all permissions so –
- All Call and SMS activities are automatically captured.
- Call Recordings with your business prospects are captured.
- All lead calls that were recorded can be stored in your device.
Note: As long as these permissions are enabled Call and SMS tracking functionality –
- Will continue to work even if the Call and SMS tracker app is not running in the background.
- Will work even if you are offline.
- Can be disabled only from the settings of your device.
4. Enable Call Recording on Your Device
You can record your users’ inbound/outbound calls for review and quality control. The calls are automatically posted as activities in the Activity History section of the Lead Details page. Recorded calls can also be downloaded.
- This feature may not be supported in some mobile phones as it is device dependent. If it is not supported on your mobile, reach out to your account manager or write to support.
- If you’re using Xiaomi mobile phone, enable call recording through Mobile device settings.
To enable call recording on your device –
- From the dashboard, tap .
- Tap and then tap Call and SMS.
- Under Call Settings, enable the following permissions –
- Show lead identification popup.
- Show popup for unknown numbers.
- Record calls.
5. Set Call Recording Permissions on Web App
- From the main menu, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Mobile App>Permissions.
- Click Edit.
- Under Calls and SMS, set these permissions under the specific user roles to record calls –
- Track Calls.
- Record Calls –
- No Calls – No call activities are recorded.
- All Calls – All call activities are recorded.
- Track SMS.
- Override settings on device – If enabled, the call and sms permissions set by the Admin will override the mobile device level settings enabled by the users.
- Click Save.
6. View Recorded Activities
6.1 On the Web App
- Navigate to Lead>Manage Leads.
- Click on a relevant lead and open the Lead Details page.
- On the Lead Details tab, click Activity History.
- Alongside the call activity,
- To download the recording, click .
- To listen to the recording, click .
6.2 On the Mobile App
- Navigate to the relevant Lead Details page.
- Tap Activity History.
- Tap on the relevant outbound call activity.
- On the Activity Details page, alongside Recording, tap .
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!
Hi the mobile application is unable to track calls made from my phone directly, earlier it used to track, but unfortunately since Saturday it’s not working, can anyone assist me on the same .
Hi, Kamran. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Call and SMS Tracker app. If the problem persists, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thankyou Dharshana for the quick response, but unfortunately I’ve tried all possible ways and the same is still not working.
I’ve tried all multiple options unfortunately with no success, and its not only me there are couple of more peeps here having the same issue, can you just check if the issue is from the LSQ call & sms tracker app side.
Hi, Kamran. We’ll need more context here. Can you please send a mail detailing this issue, to email@example.com. Thanks.
Hey, Can the manager also listen to the call recording of a agent? I am unable to see it for my team…
Hi, Dhruv. Yes, the sales manager can also listen to their sales users’ call recordings. On the web application, the recording will be displayed on the Activity History screen of the Lead Details page. On the mobile app, navigate to the Lead Details page and tap on Activity History. Tap on the relevant outbound call activity. On the Activity Details page, alongside Recording, tap on Tap to Listen.
Hi how to get the recordings and is there any analysis available. For the call records and sms. Somelike if I want analyse day wise, agent wise, project wise , total hours, active hours, waste call time, productive call time.
Hi, Anuj. You can find these on the Phone Call Metrics Report. You can also view a detailed Call Analysis report in SIERA.
Is auto dailling option available on this.
Hi, Anuj. Thanks for reaching out. Auto-dialling is currently not supported through the app. When you tap on the lead’s number, the number is auto-populated on your phone’s dialer pad. Here, you’ll have to tap the call button to place the call to the lead. Hope this helps.
can we upload call record to LSQ
Hi, Faisal. If you’re asking about uploading an existing call recording file to LeadSquared, then yes, it can be done by attaching the file as an Activity Attachment.
But if you’re asking if you can upload the call record logs to LeadSquared, then no, this cannot be done. Hope this helps.
Can we also record calls?
Hi, Vrindha. Yes, you can record calls, provided on the Permissions page, under Call and SMS, the Record Calls permission is enabled.
I have tried the call recording, but is not being available in the activity history. The play icon comes but there is no sound in the recording its all blank, also I was told that this feature use to work few years back but doesn’t work anymore. Could you please share me few models of mobile phones it would still work.
Hi, Lalit. This is most likely an issue caused by the device you’re using. We don’t have a list of recommended devices. We’d suggest you try the feature on a different phone, and check if it works there. As an alternative, we’d recommend you use the Cloud Calling feature to record calls.
I cannot install LSQ after following all the instructions. Please help
Hi, Isaac. That shouldn’t be happening. Can you please elaborate on the issue you’re facing, and send it as a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can You Share Likn for iOS version for same
Hi, Jay. Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry, we currently don’t support the iOS version of this app. If this changes in the future, we’ll let you know.
did we get any ios version now ?
Hi, Premjit. No, we still haven’t launched an iOS version. This is because of certain restrictions imposed by Apple. If this changes in the future, we’ll work on building an iOS version.