1. Feature Overview
When you create meetings with leads from your Acuity Scheduling account, this connector periodically captures and creates these leads, activities and tasks (meetings) in your LeadSquared. Once the leads, activities and tasks are synced, you can leverage LeadSquared’s CRM features to nurture and convert your leads. Before you get started, you must install and configure the Universal Lead Capture Connector.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- You must have a paid Acuity account subscription.
- The Universal Lead Capture connector is a paid feature. To enable it on your account, please reach out to your account manager, or write to email@example.com.
3. How it Works
To pull leads, activities and tasks from Acuity to LeadSquared, configure the Acuity connector instance, and add your Acuity account credentials. Once this is done, enable sync for the connector instance in LeadSquared. This will begin the lead, activity and task capture process.
Once the Universal Lead Capture connector is installed, install and configure the Acuity connector.
- On your LeadSquared account, navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- You’ll find the Acuity connector on this page. Alongside the connector, click Configure.
After installation, on the Lead Capture page, configure the connector settings in order to pull data from Acuity.
5.1 Basic Settings & Authentication
Enter the following details –
|User ID||Once you create an event type on Acuity, a User ID and API Key are generated. Paste the User ID here.|
|API Key||Pass your Acuity account’s API Key here.|
|Lead Source||Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g., Acuity, email campaign, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.|
|Default Country Code||If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, then the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.|
|Select Time Zone||The time zone of your Acuity account.|
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria||To avoid duplicate leads, you must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This will be used to identify the leads pulled from Acuity.|
To know how to mark a LeadSquared lead field as unique, please refer to How to Make a Custom Field Unique.
|Lead Capture Secondary Search By Criteria||If lead identification and capture through the primary Search By criteria fails, it will be re-attempted using the secondary Search By criteria.|
|Select User to Notify on Failure||If there is an error in fetching leads, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.|
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable Notification||Enable the checkbox to ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query.|
Once you’re done entering all the details, click Save & Next.
5.2 Entity Options
Define the sync behaviour of the connector when leads, activities and tasks are captured.
Based on the Lead Capture Search By criteria selected (email Id, phone number, etc.), LeadSquared identifies and captures leads from your Acuity account. Lead capture is enabled by default, and it cannot be disabled.
Select one of the following options to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that only exist in your Acuity account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared. Leads that exist in both your Acuity and LeadSquared accounts will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that only exist in your Acuity account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Leads that exist in both your Acuity and LeadSquared accounts will get updated in LeadSquared.
Once you configure the Sync Behaviour, you’ll have to ensure the field mapping is accurate. To do this, click Edit Mapping. On the Default/Edit Mapping screen, the Acuity system fields mapped by default to the corresponding LeadSquared lead/activity fields are visible. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, click , enter the value under Default Value, and click .
- If the data provider doesn’t send data for any lead/activity field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- To mark a unique lead/activity field as the search key, click .
- To create a custom Acuity lead/activity field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant LeadSquared lead/activity field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
Once the meeting is created in your Acuity account, enable this setting to automatically create it as a task in your LeadSquared account. Once the task is created, it’ll be assigned to the lead owner. To configure the task type and edit other settings, click .
- TaskType – You can rename the API Parameter, edit the description, and select the task type you want to map it to from the dropdown. All the tasks (system and custom) present in your account will show up in the dropdown. To create a new task type, refer to How to Create Tasks and Schedule Reminders.
- RelatedEntity – To create the task on the lead that’s captured, enter 1. Else, enter 0.
- Reminder – To set a reminder for your users, enter the value in minutes. An email will be sent to the task owner before the due time based on this setting.
- NotifyBy – If you want the task owner to receive the email reminder by email, enter 1100. Else, if you don’t want your users to receive an email reminder, enter 1000.
Once leads are captured in LeadSquared, you can post custom activities to these leads. These activities will help users keep track of the lead’s journey to conversion.
To post activities to the leads captured from Acuity, against Activity Entity, enable the slider. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour when activities are synced to LeadSquared –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – New activities will get posted to the lead in LeadSquared, while existing activities will get updated.
- Create only new record – Only new activities will get posted to leads in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Only existing activities on the leads captured will get updated in LeadSquared.
Once you’re done, click Save & Next.
- To configure activity mapping, refer to Edit Mapping.
- To define which LeadSquared activity type you want to map and capture data to, contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An activity is classified as a new activity or as an existing activity based on the Lead Capture Search By Criteria you’ve selected in the previous section.
Once you’re satisfied with the mapping details, enable the sync job. To do this –
- Click More Actions, and alongside Sync Status is Disabled, enable the slider.
- Then, click Subscribe. This ensures that lead data is pushed from your Acuity account to LeadSquared.
6. View Logs
Here, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads and Activities), Updated Events (Updated Leads and Activities), and Errors (when capturing leads and activities).
- Navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- Against the Acuity connector, click , and then click View Logs.
- Alternatively, on the Lead Capture configurations page, from the More Actions dropdown, you can View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – List of all the new leads and activities that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Duplicate activities (such as Ticket Creation, etc.) posted on the same lead, using the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id using the same Ticket Creation Id, etc.).
- Leads and activities that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Failed – The list of leads and activities that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pulled from Acuity.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead/Activity Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
7. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the Acuity connector instance that you created. To do this –
- Navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- Against the Acuity connector, click .
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Edit Configurations
- View Logs
- Remove Configurations
8. View Reports
You can view the total number of leads that have been pulled from Acuity, by referring to the Lead Source report. To know more, please refer to How to track the source of your Leads using Lead Source Report?
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!