1. Feature Overview
This connector captures leads and activities (such as chat data, etc.) in real-time from your Olark account to LeadSquared. Once the leads and activities are synced, you can leverage LeadSquared’s CRM features to nurture and convert your leads. Before you get started, you must install and configure the Universal Lead Capture Connector.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- You must have an active Olark account.
- The Universal Lead Capture connector is a paid feature. To enable it on your account, please reach out to your account manager, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How it Works
To push lead and activity data from your Olark account to your LeadSquared account, configure the Olark connector instance. Once you set it up, a webhook URL is generated. Configure this URL in your Olark account, and enable the sync for the connector instance in LeadSquared. This will begin the lead and activity capture process.
For e.g., when a lead initiates a chat conversation in your Olark account, they are captured as a lead in LeadSquared based on the Lead Capture Search by Criteria you setup (e.g., Email, Phone Number, etc.). When tickets are added to this lead in your Olark account, you can configure multiple activities to be created against the corresponding lead in LeadSquared (based on the Ticket Id).
Once the Universal Lead Capture connector is installed, install and configure the Olark connector.
- On your LeadSquared account, navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- You’ll find the Olark connector on this page. Against the connector, click Configure.
After installation, on the Lead Capture page, configure the connector settings in order to push data from Olark.
5.1 Basic Details
Enter the following details –
|Lead Source||Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g., Olark, email campaign, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.|
|Default Country Code||If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, then the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.|
|Select Time Zone||The time zone of your Olark account.|
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria||To avoid duplicate leads, you must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This will be used to identify the leads pushed from Olark.|
To know how to mark a LeadSquared lead field as unique, please refer to How to Make a Custom Field Unique.
|Select User to Notify on Failure||If there is an error in fetching leads, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.|
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable Notification||Enable the checkbox to ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query.|
Once you’re done entering all the details, click Save & Next.
5.2 Entity Options
Define the sync behavior of the connector when leads and activities are captured.
Based on the Lead Capture Search By criteria selected (email Id, phone number, etc.), LeadSquared identifies and captures leads from your Olark account. Lead capture is enabled by default, and it cannot be disabled. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that only exist in your Olark account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared. Leads that exist in both your Olark and LeadSquared accounts will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that only exist in your Olark account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Leads that exist in both your Olark and LeadSquared accounts will get updated in LeadSquared.
- Do Nothing – When this option is selected, no action will be performed when a lead is created or updated in your Olark account.
Once leads are captured in LeadSquared, you can post custom activities to these leads (e.g., Ticket Creation, Chat Transcript, etc.). These activities will help users keep track of the lead’s journey to conversion.
To post activities to the leads captured from Olark, against Activity Entity, enable the slider. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour when activities are synced to LeadSquared –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – New activities will get posted to the lead in LeadSquared, while existing activities will get updated.
- Create only new record – Only new activities will get posted to leads in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Only existing activities on the leads captured will get updated in LeadSquared.
By default, your chat data is mapped to the Olark activity. If you want to map this data to a different activity type, reach out to your account manager, or write to email@example.com.
Once you’re done, click Save & Next.
On the Mapping screen, the Olark system fields mapped to the corresponding LeadSquared lead/activity fields are visible. This mapping is carried out by default. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, click , enter the value under Default Value, and click .
- If the data provider doesn’t send data for any lead/activity field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- You can also mark and update a unique lead/activity field as the search key from this screen, by clicking .
- To create a custom Olark field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant LeadSquared lead/activity field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
Once you’re done mapping, click Save & Next.
5.4 Webhook URL
After you provide basic details and finish field mapping, a custom webhook URL is generated. To automate lead capture, copy this URL and configure it in your Olark account (reach out to your account manager from Olark). For more instructions, refer to Olark Webhooks integration guide and Creating Webhooks Integrations for Olark.
After you’ve configured the URL, click More Actions, and enable the sync job. This ensures the data will be pushed to LeadSquared using the webhook configured in Olark.
- To know how to configure this Webhook URL in your Olark account, please get in touch with your account manager from Olark.
- The API must be configured in Olark using the POST method.
- From the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs to view the logs of all sync jobs that have taken place.
To know more, refer to the setup instructions –
6. View Logs
Here, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads and Activities), Updated Events (Updated Leads and Activities), and Errors (when capturing leads and activities).
- Navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- Against the Olark connector, click , and then click View Logs.
- Alternatively, on the Lead Capture configurations page, from the More Actions dropdown, you can View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – List of all the new leads and activities that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Duplicate activities (such as Ticket Creation, etc.) posted on the same lead, using the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id using the same Ticket Creation Id, etc.).
- Leads and activities that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Errors – The list of leads and activities that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pushed by Olark.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead/Activity Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
7. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the Olark connector instance that you created. To do this –
- Navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- Against the Olark connector, click .
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Edit Configurations
- View Logs
- Remove Configurations
8. View Reports
You can view the total number of leads that have been pushed by Olark, by referring to the Lead Source report. To know more, please refer to How to track the source of your Leads using Lead Source Report?
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!