1. Feature Overview
This LeadSquared connector allows you to create and enable Custom Actions (actions apart from the default actions provided by LeadSquared) on a lead, group of leads or a list. The connector gives you the power to extend the LeadSquared feature set. Custom Actions can be details like fetching additional data about the lead from an external system or posting data of lead on an external system.
Sample Use Cases
- Add an action to call on a number stored in a custom field (Example: “Call Parent” where parent’s number is stored in a custom field)
- Add an action to send all the phone numbers of the leads in a list to a call centre application to automated dialling.
- Add an action to trigger a data post on a custom Webhook.
- Add an action to send a custom notification to Lead Owner.
- Add an action to check duplicates.
- Show all support tickets stored in external systems (like Zendesk, FreshDesk and so on) associated with the Leads and display it as a separate window or pop-up.
There are various scenarios which can be applicable for Custom Actions. What you are getting from LeadSquared is an Action menu item in leads and list and a place to define which API we should call with what data when Action takes place.
Note – The custom actions that you create using this App is also available in the Lead list page and the Lead details page of the LeadSquared mobile app as well. However, list actions are not available in the mobile app.
You should be an Administrator User of the LeadSquared application.
- From the default LeadSquared dashboard, go to Apps>Apps Marketplace.
2. In the left pane, select UI Customization and click Custom Lead and List Actions.
3. Click Add Connector. The Connector is installed with the message as highlighted in the image below:
3.2 Configuring the Custom Lead and List Actions Connector
Once the installation is complete, follow the steps below –
- Under Settings, click Configure. The Configure Custom Lead and List Actionspop-up box appears.
2. The Configure Custom Lead and List Actions pop-up box allows you to create the following actions –
- Lead Grid Row Action – Allows you to add a custom action to the lead which is available from the Lead Details and Managed Leads features.
- Lead Grid Bulk Action – Allows you to add a custom action which can be applied for multiple leads from the Managed Leads feature.
- List Action – Allows you to add a custom action which can be applied to leads in a list. This is available from the Managed Lists feature.
3.3 Lead Grid Row Action
Allows you to add a custom action to Lead Actions in the Lead Details window and to the list of actions against each lead row in the Managed Leads window.
To add a Lead Grid Row Action –
- Select Lead Grid Row Action from the Configure Custom Lead and List Actions pop-up box and click Add Action. The Action Label area appears on the right side.
2. Complete the following details –
- Action Label – Enter the title of the custom action that you want to create.
- Action Type – Select the action type you want to appear. The below are the available action types –
- Show as PopUp – Shows the type in a pop-up box.
- Call an API – Calls the action as an API.
- Open in New Window – Shows the action in a new window.
3.4 Callback URL
Enter an HTTPs URL which is rendered as a custom action in the corresponding Lead Details and Managed Leads window. This URL should be of an action that accepts LeadSquared lead merge fields as a parameter and passes it to an external application (like support system, another CRM or marketing system, another LeadSquared account) to get the data. Click icon to view the list of all lead merge fields which can be used to build the URL.
- HTTP Method – Select GET or POST based on whether you want to request or submit data.
- Data – Enter the payload data here.
- Click Save.
The Actions created are available to Edit and Delete as highlighted in the image below:
The sample actions in the image above are added to Lead Actions in the Lead Details window and the row actions of the Managed Leads window.
3.5 Lead Grid Bulk Action
Follow the same steps as in Lead Grid Row Action to create the actions. The actions created can be applied to multiple leads under bulk Actions from the Managed Leads window.
3.6 List Action
Follow the same steps as in Lead Grid Row Action to create the actions. The actions created can be applied to leads in a list from the row action of the Managed Lists window.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!