1. Feature Overview
This article allows you to understand how to apply a Permission Template to a user. The template can be applied at the following levels:
- User Level – Allows you to select all the list of all users from LeadSquared
- Role Level – Allows you to select the different role types (Administrator, Marketing User, Sales Manager and Sales User
- Group Level – Allows you to apply a template to a sales group.
This article also allows you to understand:
- How to Edit a Template?
- How to Delete a Template?
For more information on Permission Templates, refer to the following help articles
Once you have created the Permission Template, you can apply the template to the required user, role type or group. To do this:
- From the Permission Templates area, against the required templates under Actions, click . The menu highlighted in the below image appears:
2. Click Apply Template. The Apply Template pop-up box appears:
This pop-up has the following tabs:
Allows you to add the required users to the right pane from the user list. You can also filter users in the User List using the Search By filter. This filters users by role type or group.
Allows you to apply templates to the different role types in LeadSquared.
Example – If you apply a template to restrict Create to the Marketing User role, no user belonging to the role would not be able to create a lead.
Allows you to apply the template to a list or group of users.
Once the templates are applied, click Save.
Once the templates are created, you can also apply the templates from the Users, Groups and Roles grid of the Users and Permissions settings. You can do so by clicking Set Permission under Actions. Please see the below images for reference:
3. Restrict Users Within A Group or Role From a Permission Template
If you want certain users (like group managers) to be exempt from blanket permission templates applied at the role and group level, you can use the Apply Only User Specific Permissions option. You can also create separate templates with higher permission (for example, lead export) for these users and apply them specifically at the user level (to managers for example). With this option enabled only templates applied at the level of the user will be considered.
- From the main menu, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Users and Permissions>Users.
- Against the specific user for whom you want to enable this feature, hover your cursor over the icon, and click Edit.
- On the Edit User screen, navigate to Manage Permissions, and click Edit on the top-right corner.
- Against the Apply Only User Specific Permissions, click the checkbox.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
Ensure that there is a permission template in your account applied at the user level for the ‘Apply Only User-Specific Permissions’ setting to take effect.
4. Edit a Template
- From Permission Templates, against the required templates under Actions, click . The menu highlighted in the below image appears:
2. Click Edit. The Update Template area appears –
3. Make the required changes, and click Save to update.
5. Delete a Template
- From the Permission Templates area, against the required templates under Actions, click the icon.
2. Click Delete, and on the Confirm pop-up, click Yes.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!