This help articles allows you to understand on how to create a Permission Template. For more information on Permission Templates, refer here.
- From the Permission Templates area, click Create. The Create Permission Template area appears:
Complete the following details:
- Name: Enter a name for the permissions template.
- Description: Enter a suitable description for the template.
- Restrict Access
- Reports: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view reports.
- Custom Apps: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view custom apps.
- Note: Access to reports and custom apps will be automatically restricted when viewing permissions are configured to hide lead fields. This happens because lead fields that you hide from your users still show up in connected apps and reports. If you still want users to view reports and connected apps even though you have restricted view permissions for lead fields, manually toggle the reports and custom apps sliders.
- Assign Permissions: Allows you to set the permissions to the template. Please refer the table below for further details on the various permissions:
|View||Allows you to view leads and activities|
|Create||Allows you to create leads and activities|
|Update||Allows you to update existing leads and activities|
|Delete||Allows you delete existing leads and activities|
|Export||Allows you export a lead record|
|Import||Allows you import a lead record|
By clicking on the green circle, you can change the permission settings of each permission type to the following:
- Full Access – Provides complete access to do the permission type.
Example: If you have provided full access for Delete permission and apply it to a Sales User, he has the ability to delete lead records.
- Partial Access – Provides partial access which allows you to selectively choose the fields to which the user will not have access. If you are selecting partial access, a Configure option appears below the orange circle which allows you to restrict the fields to which the applied user has access. Please see the below image for reference.
Click Configure and the Configure Create Permission for Lead(s) pop-up appears:
Once you have added the required fields to the right pane, click Save.
Example: Consider, if you provided partial access to the Create permission type with restricted access to the lead Email and lead phone number fields, the applied user would not be able to create a Lead with Email and phone number.
- No Access – Provides no access to the selected permission type.
The above mentioned access types are represented by the following coloured circle:
Once the template details are configured, click Save. The Permission Template is saved and appears in the Manage Permission Templates area.
Masking/Hiding Lead Fields and Activities through Permission Templates
You can hide/mask lead fields and activities that you don’t want certain users to see.
For example, if you have a sensitive lead field like a bank account number that you don’t want other users to see, you can mask it by following the video below.
Note: If a field is masked for a user, that user can still update it if the value is empty. This is useful in case a phone number is masked, but the user knows the number of the prospect and wants to update it.
This feature also works for activities you may want to hide from certain users, like say you don’t want marketing users to see sales activities. Just follow the same instructions in the video above but this time click the circle alongside the ‘Activity’ section as highlighted below.
Note: If you want to hide phone numbers from users, create a permission template as follows.
- Hide the phone, mobile and other phone fields using the hide lead fields functionality
- Hide lead capture and landing page submission activities using the hide activity functionality
Also note that if phone number is masked, telephony connectors will not update the phone number in the ‘FirstName’ lead field.
Once a template is created, you can now apply it to the required users or groups. To do this, refer to How to Apply Permission Templates to LeadSquared Users or Groups?