This article shows you how to create and configure a permission template. If you’re new to the permission template feature, see LeadSquared Permission Templates. If you’ve already created a permission template and now want to apply it to your users, see How to Apply a Permission Template.
Note: You can create up to a maximum of 50 permission templates.
Create a Permission Template
Navigate to My Account>Settings>Users and Permissions>Permission Templates, then click Create.
Enter the following details –
- Name: Enter a name for the permissions template.
- Description: Enter a suitable description for the template.
- User Access: Controls users that are shown in all user/owner fields drop-down fields across the application. To learn more about this feature, see How to Control Users Shown in User/Owner Drop-down Fields.
- All Users: This is the default option. All users will be shown in the user/owner drop-downs across the LeadSquared application.
- Sales Group Users: Will allow group managers to see only the users in their own sales groups, in all user/owner drop-downs across the application. Other sales users in the group (who aren’t group managers) will only be able to see themselves in these drop-downs.
- Restrict Access
- Reports: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view reports.
- Custom Apps: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view custom apps.
- Assign Permissions: Allows you to set the permissions for different entities. Refer to the table below for details.
Note: Access to reports and custom apps will be automatically restricted when viewing permissions are configured to hide lead fields. This happens because lead fields that you hide from your users still show up in connected apps and reports. If you still want users to view reports and connected apps even though you have restricted view permissions for lead fields, manually toggle the reports and custom apps sliders.
|View||Allows you to view leads, activities and tasks.|
|Create||Allows you to create leads, activities and tasks.|
|Update||Allows you to update existing leads, activities and tasks.|
|Delete||Allows you delete existing leads, activities and tasks.|
|Export||Allows you export leads and activities.|
|Import||Allows you import leads.|
By clicking on the green circle, you can change the permission settings of each permission type to –
Once the template details are configured, click Save. The Permission Template will save and then appear on the Manage Permission Templates page where you can edit, delete or apply it to users.
Configure Access Levels
You can give users complete access, partial access or no access to features and actions –
Provides complete access to the permission type.
For example, if you give a user full access to delete leads, he can delete all the leads in your account.
Provides partial access. Allows you to selectively choose the fields you want to give users access to. For example, you can restrict users from viewing or editing a sensitive lead field like a bank account number or social security number.
- When you select partial access, a Configure option appears below the orange circle which allows you to choose the fields you want to restrict access to.
- Click Configure and choose the fields you want to restrict on the Configure Create Permission for Leads pop-up
- Click Save when you’re done.
Provides no access to the selected permission type.
You can hide/mask lead fields and activities that you don’t want certain users to see.
For example, if you have a sensitive lead field like a bank account number that you don’t want other users to see, you can mask it by following the video below.
Note: If a field is masked for a user, that user can still update it if the value is empty. This is useful in case a phone number is masked, but the user knows the number of the prospect and wants to update it.
This feature also works for activities and tasks types you may want to hide from certain users, like say you don’t want marketing users to see sales activities or sales tasks. Just follow the same instructions in the video above but this time click the circle alongside the Activities or Tasks section as highlighted below.
Note: If you want to hide phone numbers from users, create a permission template as follows.
- Hide the phone, mobile and other phone fields using the hide lead fields functionality
- Hide lead capture and landing page submission activities using the hide activity functionality
Also note that if the phone number is masked, telephony connectors will not update the phone number in the ‘FirstName’ lead field.