1. Feature Overview
This article shows you how to create and configure a permission template. If you’re new to the permission template feature, see LeadSquared Permission Templates. If you’ve already created a permission template and now want to apply it to your users, see How to Apply a Permission Template.
Note: You can create up to a maximum of 50 permission templates.
2. Create a Permission Template
From the main menu, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Users and Permissions>Permission Templates, then click Create.
Enter the following details –
- Name: Enter a name for the permissions template.
- Description: Enter a suitable description for the template.
- User Access: Controls users that are shown in all user/owner fields drop-down fields across the application. To learn more about this feature, see How to Control Users Shown in User/Owner Drop-down Fields.
- All Users: This is the default option. All users will be shown in the user/owner drop-downs across the LeadSquared application.
- Sales Group Users: Will allow group managers to see only the users in their own sales groups, in all user/owner drop-downs across the application. Other sales users in the group (who aren’t group managers) will only be able to see themselves in these drop-downs.
- Restrict Access
- Accounts: Users won’t be able to view any accounts.
- Dashboard: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view dashboards.
- Reports: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view reports.
- Custom Apps: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to view custom apps.
- API Access: Users the template is applied to won’t be able to make APIs calls. This can be used when you want to give marketing access to users but don’t want them to use any APIs or connectors.
- Call Recordings: Use this option to restrict access to Call Recordings in Inbound/Outbound Phone activities.
- Assign Permissions: Allows you to set the permissions for different entities. Refer to the table below for details.
Note: Access to reports and custom apps will be automatically restricted when viewing permissions are configured to hide lead and opportunity fields. This happens because lead and opportunity fields that you hide from your users still show up in connected apps and reports. If you still want users to view reports and connected apps even though you have restricted view permissions for lead and opportunity fields, manually toggle the reports and custom apps sliders.
|View||Allows you to view leads, activities, tasks and opportunities.|
|Create||Allows you to create leads, activities, tasks and opportunities.|
|Update||Allows you to update existing leads, activities, tasks and opportunities.|
|Delete||Allows you to delete existing leads, activities, tasks and opportunities.|
|Export||Allows you export leads, activities, opportunities and accounts.|
|Import||Allows you to import leads and opportunities.|
|Mark Complete||Allows you to mark tasks as completed.|
By clicking on the green circle, you can change the permission settings of each permission type to –
Once the template details are configured, click Save. The Permission Template will save and then appear on the Manage Permission Templates page where you can edit, delete or apply it to users.
2.1 Permission Templates for Admins
Super admin users can apply permission templates on regular admins. In addition to the regular permissions, they can restrict access to
- Edit user’s email addresses and phone numbers
- Export users
- Organization switch
- Support access
For more information, see LeadSquared Super Admin Users.
3. Configure Access Levels
You can give users complete access, partial access or no access to features and actions –
3.1 Full Access
Provides complete access to the permission type.
For example, if you give a user full access to delete leads, he can delete all the leads in your account.
3.2 Partial Access
Provides partial access. Allows you to selectively choose the fields you want to give users access to. For example, you can restrict users from viewing or editing a sensitive lead field like a bank account number or social security number.
- When you select partial access, a Configure option appears below the orange circle which allows you to choose the fields you want to restrict access to.
- Click Configure and choose the fields you want to restrict on the Configure Create Permission for Leads pop-up
- Click Save when you’re done.
- The following lead fields cannot be partially restricted through permission template for view, create and update lead field access: ConversionReferrerURL, CreatedOn, EngagementScore, LeadConversionDate, ProspectAutoId, Origin, QualityScore01, Score, ModifiedOn, Revenue, SourceIPAddress, SourceReferrerURL, StageRottingFlagMessage, StageRottingFlagModifiedOn, StageRottingFlagStatus
- The following opportunity fields cannot be partially restricted through permission template for view, create and update opportunity access: OwnerId, Owner, mx_Custom_1(Opportunity Name/Title), mx_Custom_2(Status), mx_Custom_19(Comment)
3.3 No Access
Provides no access to the selected permission type.
4. Masking/Hiding Fields
You can hide/mask lead fields and activities that you don’t want certain users to see.
For example, if you have a sensitive lead field like a bank account number that you don’t want other users to see, you can mask it by following the video below.
Note: If a field is masked for a user, that user can still update it if the value is empty. This is useful in case a phone number is masked, but the user knows the number of the prospect and wants to update it.
This feature also works for activities and tasks types you may want to hide from certain users, like say you don’t want marketing users to see sales activities or sales tasks. Just follow the same instructions in the video above but this time click the circle alongside the Activities, Tasks or Opportunities section as highlighted below.
Note: If you want to hide phone numbers from users, create a permission template as follows.
- Hide the phone, mobile and other phone fields using the hide lead fields functionality
- Hide lead capture and landing page submission activities using the hide activity functionality
Also note that if the phone number is masked, telephony connectors will not update the phone number in the ‘FirstName’ lead field.