You can capture the geographical location when a custom activity is added to a LeadSquared user. This feature is available to both Android and iOS users of the LeadSquared mobile application.
- You should be an Administrator user of the LeadSquared application in order to create a Custom Activity and enable tracking to it.
- The LeadSquared Mobile Application for Android or iOS.
There are two steps involved to track the location from a custom activity.
- Enable tracking for the Custom Activity from the LeadSquared Web application.
- Adding the corresponding Custom Activity from the LeadSquared mobile application.
The above steps are detailed below:
Step 01: How to enable to tracking for the Custom Activity
- From the default LeadSquared dashboard, go to My Account -> Settings -> Leads-> Activities and Scores and select Custom Activities & Scores. The Custom Activities & Scores area appears in the display pane on the right side.
- Create or select an already created Custom Activity. For more information on how to create and edit a Custom Activity, refer to How to add Custom Lead Activity and associate a Score to it?.
- In the Add Custom Activity Type or Update Custom Activity Type pop-up box, Select Yes from the Track Location drop-down list and click Save.
Step 02: How to Add the Custom Activity from the Mobile Application to capture the location
The Global Positioning System (GPS) should be enabled in your mobile phone before the below step, in order to capture the location.
- From the default dashboard of the LeadSquared Mobile App, go to Leads -> All Leads.
- From the Leads list, select the desired Lead. The Lead Details page appears.
- In the Activity History tab, click Add and select Notable Activity. The Add Activity box appears.
- From the Activity Type drop-down list, select the Custom Activity with the tracking enabled.
- Complete the remaining details and save.
Once this is completed, the custom activity is captured in the Activity History pane along with the location details in both web and mobile applications of LeadSquared.