1. Feature Overview
LeadSquared comes pre-built with a number of core or system activities like email bounced, email link clicked, website page visited, lead captured, etc. We automatically post these activities against your Leads or Opportunities, whenever they are performed. The activities then appear in the Manage Activites page or on the lead’s detail page. Example of an activity posted against a lead is “Had a Phone Conversation”, while an example of an activity posted against an opportunity is “Home Loan Proposal Email Open”.
In addition to core activities, you can also create custom activities to accommodate your own unique use cases. You can also add fields within each custom activity to capture relevant data. Here are some examples –
|KYC Document Collection
|Attended Webinar, Downloaded Document, Had a Phone Call
- If opportunities are enabled on your account, you can post activities directly on the opportunity. To know how to add activities to opportunities, refer to Opportunity Details.
- This article shows you how to create activity types. Once you’ve created an activity type, you can add activities of that type to your leads from the Manage Activities page.
2. Create a Custom Activity Type
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Leads>Custom Activities & Scores and click Add.
- On the Add Custom Activity Type pop-up, enter the relevant activity details, then click Next. See the table below for more details.
- Now add custom fields related to the activity. Notes, Status and Owner fields are available by default. Click Add Field to add more custom fields. Select the data Type of the field (String, Number, DateTime, DropDown, etc.). You can also mark fields as mandatory. Click Next to go to the final step.
- Customize how you want your add/edit activity forms to appear. Drag and drop the fields you want displayed on the form from Available Fields to Activity Details. Click Add Section to add another section to the form.
- Click Save.
Fields on the Add Custom Activity Type form (step 1 of 3) –
|Name the activity here.
|Describe the activity here.
|Associate a lead score with the activity. See How does Lead Scoring work?
|Inbound or Outbound.
|Enable Details View
|Users can add activities and tasks on an existing activity, and track them on the Activity Details page.
|Allow users to delete the activity. If you want to select CRUD permissions for specific users, see Permission Templates.
|Track the location the activity was created from (for mobile users).
|Log Activity Changes
|Log updates to the activity. See How to Log Activity Updates.
|Allow pre-dated Activities
|Enable to allow users to add activities with earlier dates.
|Show in Activity List
|Shows in the activity list on the Manage Activities page.
|Allow users to attach files to the activity.
|Quick add the activity on the lead details page without opening the add activity form. Use this feature if the activity is very common and you need to add it to a large number of leads. See the image below.
|Once your users post a Custom Activity, you can lock that activity to prevent anyone from making changes to it. To know more, refer to Lock Activity after Creation.
Quick Add activity on the Lead Details page –
- If you want to add dependent fields, see How to Add a Dependent Field.
- If you want to add a large number of drop-down options to an activity fields, see Large Options Set for Activities.
Once you’ve created a custom activity type, you can start posting activities on leads and opportunities. See Manage Activities for more details.