LeadSquared comes pre-built with a number of core or system activities like email bounced, email link clicked, website page visited, lead captured, etc. We automatically post these activities against your leads whenever they are performed. The activities then appear in the Manage Activites page or on the lead’s detail page.
Note: This article shows you how to create activity types. Once you’ve created an activity type, you can add activities of that type to your leads from the Manage Activities page.
In addition to core activities, you can also create custom activities to accommodate your own unique use cases. You can also add fields within each custom activity to capture relevant data. Here are some examples –
|Real Estate||Site Visit|
|Finance||KYC Document Collection|
|Generic||Attended Webinar, Downloaded Document, Had a Phone Call|
Create a Custom Activity Type
- Navigate to My Account>Settings>Leads>Custom Activities & Scores and click Add.
- On the Add Custom Activity Type pop-up, enter the relevant activity details, then click Next. See the table below for more details.
- Now add custom fields related to the activity. Notes, Status and Owner fields are available by default. Click Add Field to add more custom fields. Select the data Type of the field (String, Number, DateTime, DropDown, etc.). You can also mark fields as mandatory. Click Next to go to the final step.
- Customize how you want your add/edit activity forms to appear. Drag and drop the fields you want displayed on the form from Available Fields to Activity Details. Click Add Section to add another section to the form.
- Click Save.
Fields on the Add Custom Activity Type form (step 1 of 3) –
|Name||Name the activity here.|
|Description||Describe the activity here.|
|Score||Associate a lead score with the activity. See Lead Score.|
|Direction||Inbound or Outbound.|
|Enable Details View||Users can add activities and tasks on an existing activity, and track them on the Activity Details page.|
|Delete Activity||Allow users to delete the activity. If you want to select CRUD permissions for specific users, see Permission Templates.|
|Track Location||Track the location the activity was created from (for mobile users).|
|Log Activity Changes||Log updates to the activity. See How to Log Activity Updates.|
|Allow pre-dated Activities||If you check this option, users won’t be able to add activities on earlier dates.|
|Show in Activity List||Shows in the activity list on the Manage Activities page.|
|Allow Attachments||Allow users to attach files to the activity.|
|Quick Add||Quick add the activity on the lead details page without opening the add activity form. Use this feature if the activity is very common and you need to add it to a large number of leads. See the image below.|
Quick Add activity on the Lead Details page –
- If you want to add dependent fields, see How to Add a Dependent Field.
- If you want to add a large number of drop-down options to an activity fields, see Large Options Set for Activities.
Once you’ve created a custom activity type, you can start posting activities on leads. See Manage Activities for more details.