1. Feature Overview
This connector periodically captures leads and activities from your CampusNexus account to LeadSquared. Once the leads and activities are synced, you can leverage LeadSquared’s CRM features to nurture and convert your leads.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- You must have an active CampusNexus account.
- This is a paid feature. To enable it, reach out to your account manager, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How it Works
To pull lead and activity data from your CampusNexus account to your LeadSquared account, configure the CampusNexus connector instance, and add your CampusNexus account credentials. Once this is done, enable sync for the connector instance in LeadSquared. This will begin the lead and activity capture process.
- Navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace.
- Search for CampusNexus, and click Install.
- Alternatively, you can find the connector on the left panel, under Lead Capture.
- Once installed, hover your cursor over , and click Configure.
5. Configure the Connector
Once you’ve installed the connector, on the Configure CampusNexus pop-up, configure the connector access for the non-Admin users in your account. Only those users for whom access is granted can view and access the connector (under the Apps main menu).
- Select if you want to grant Connector Access that’s Based on Role or Advanced (User Level).
- Based on Role – From the Specify Roles dropdown, select the LeadSquared user roles that can use the connector.
- Advanced (User Level) – From the Advanced (User Level) dropdown, select a user boolean field. Based on the value entered in the selected boolean field, the user can access the connector (e.g., for the user Sam, if the “Is Employee” boolean user field contains the value “Yes”, then this user can access the connector).
- Once you’re done, click Save Details. To continue the configuration, refer to the below sections.
6. Admin Configurations
After installation, navigate to Apps>CampusNexus and configure the connector settings in order to pull data from CampusNexus.
6.1 Basic Details
Enter the following details –
|Enter your CampusNexus domain here.
|Enter your CampusNexus API parameters here. E.g. -Country($select=Name), Campus($select=Name ,Program($select=Name).
|CampusNexus API Key
|Enter your CampusNexus API Key here.
|Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g., CampusNexus, email campaign, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.
|Default Country Code
|If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, then the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.
|Select Time Zone
|The time zone of your CampusNexus account.
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria
|To avoid duplicate leads, you must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This will be used to identify the leads pulled from CampusNexus.
To know how to mark a LeadSquared lead field as unique, please refer to How to Make a Custom Field Unique.
|Lead Capture Secondary Search By Criteria
|If lead identification and capture through the primary Search By criteria fails, it will be re-attempted using the secondary Search By criteria.
|Select User to Notify on Failure
|If there is an error in fetching leads, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable the checkbox to ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query.
|By default, we’ve selected a 15-minute frequency to pull data from CampusNexus. You can use the ‘Hours’ and ‘Minutes’ dropdowns to select a custom interval, based on which lead data will be pulled.
Once you’re done entering all the details, click Save.
6.2 Mapping & Manage Sync
On the Entity Options screen, click Edit Mapping. The CampusNexus system fields mapped to the corresponding LeadSquared lead fields are visible. This mapping is carried out by default. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, enter the value under Default Value.
- If the data provider doesn’t send data for any lead field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- You can also mark and update a unique lead field as the search key from this screen, by clicking .
- To create a custom CampusNexus field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant LeadSquared lead field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
On this page, define the Sync Behaviour of the connector when leads and activities are captured –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that only exist in your CampusNexus account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared. Leads that exist in both your CampusNexus and LeadSquared accounts will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that only exist in your CampusNexus account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Leads that exist in both your CampusNexus and LeadSquared accounts will get updated in LeadSquared.
Once leads are captured in LeadSquared, you can post custom activities to these leads. These activities will help users keep track of the lead’s journey to conversion.
To post activities to the leads captured from CampusNexus, against Activity Entity, enable the slider. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour when activities are synced to LeadSquared –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – New activities will get posted to the lead in LeadSquared, while existing activities will get updated.
- Create only new record – Only new activities will get posted to leads in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Only existing activities on the leads captured will get updated in LeadSquared.
You can also map these activities to leads. Follow the steps mentioned under Mapping & Manage Sync (Section 5.2).
Once you’re done, click Save.
- To define which LeadSquared activity type you want to map and capture data to, contact your account manager or email@example.com.
- An activity is classified as a new activity or an existing activity based on the Lead Capture Search By Criteria you’ve selected in the previous section.
7. View Logs
Here, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads and Activities), Updated Events (Updated Leads and Activities), and Errors (when capturing leads and activities).
- Navigate to Apps>CampusNexus.
- Click the More Actions dropdown and select View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – List of all the new leads and activities that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Duplicate activities (such as Ticket Creation, etc.) posted on the same lead, using the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id using the same Ticket Creation Id, etc.).
- Leads and activities that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Failed – The list of leads and activities that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pulled from CampusNexus.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead/Activity Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
8. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the CampusNexus connector instance that you created. To do this –
- Navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace and click the CampusNexus connector.
- On the CampusNexus connector page, click Settings.
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Add or edit Configurations
- Disable the connector
- Remove the connector
9. View Reports
You can view the total number of leads that have been pulled from CampusNexus, by referring to the Lead Source report. To know more, please refer to How to track the source of your Leads using Lead Source Report?
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!