1. Feature Overview
Permission templates let you configure access rights for your users. In other words, they let you control who sees what and which users can edit, delete, export or import your data.
You can set up access control in 2 quick steps –
- Create a permission template to control access to features and actions.
- Apply that template at the user, role, or sales group level.
Example Use Cases
With permission templates, you can restrict users from –
- Viewing, creating, editing, deleting leads, exporting and importing leads
- Viewing, creating, editing, deleting opportunities, exporting and importing opportunities
- Viewing, creating, editing, deleting and exporting activities
- Viewing, creating, editing and deleting tasks
- Accessing accounts, dashboards, reports, custom apps and APIs
You can also configure partial access and allow users to view/edit only certain lead fields/activities/tasks.
- You should be an administrator user.
- The permission template feature is available on select plans. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- To enable opportunities on your account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How to Access Permission Templates
From your dashboard, navigate to My Profile>Settings>Users and Permissions>Permission Templates.
- Creating a Permission Template
- Applying a Permission Template
- Control which users are shown in dropdown fields
- Applying permission templates to admin users
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!