A custom field set is a group of fields that can be used as a field type in an activity or on a lead. For example, you can create custom field sets for –
- KYC Documents – with fields Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Address Proof
- Education Qualifications – with fields College, Degree, Year, Grade
- Business Address – with fields House Number, Street, City, Zip, State, Country
Once you create a custom field set, you can add it to an activity or directly to a lead.
This article details how to create and configure custom field sets. If you’ve already created a custom field set you can proceed to –
Example Use Case
Let’s look at a use case where your field sales agents go to collect KYC documents from leads.
- Create a custom field set called ‘KYC Documents’
- Include file type fields of say Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Address Proof and save.
- Create an activity called ‘KYC Document Collection’
- Add a field in the ‘KYC Document Collection’ activity. Select the field type as the ‘KYC Documents’ custom field set.
So now, the next time your field sales agent is collecting documents, he can seamlessly upload these directly to the ‘KYC Document Collection’ activity itself, as they’ve been included in the custom field set type field of this activity.
Create a Custom Field Set
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Customization>Manage Custom Field Set, then click Create.
- Enter a Name and Description (optional)
- Click the Lead Integration checkbox to make the custom field set available as a lead file type.
- Click the Activity Integration checkbox to make the custom field set available as an activity file type
- Click Next.
- Now configure the fields you want the custom field set to contain. Choose the Field Type from the dropdown.
You can also mark fields as mandatory by clicking the checkbox alongside each field.
If you’ve chosen a File or Dropdown type field, click the settingsicon to configure the Max File Size in MB (max. permitted limit is 10), the File Type or the Dropdown values*.
- Click Save.
- Now design the layout of the custom field set. Drag and drop fields to re-order or hide them.
- Click Next.
* You can create dependent dropdown fields. The process is exactly the same as creating Dependent Activity Fields. When you associate the custom field set with an activity, you can also overwrite the values you enter here.
Your new custom field set will now be visible in the grid. To make changes to a custom field set, click the settingsicon, then click Edit.
Note: The field types supported are Number, String, DateTime, Dropdown, User and File. If you select ‘File’ you can upload the following file types –
|Any Documents or Images||png,jpg,jpeg,bmp,pdf,doc,docx|
|Custom||‘ade, adp, bat, chm, cmd, com, cpl, exe, hta, ins, isp, jse, lib, mde, msc, msp, mst, pif, scr, sct, shb, sys, vb, vbe, vbs, vxd, wsc, wsf, wsh’ are Not Permitted.|
Configure Custom Field Sets
All files you upload through custom field set are stored securely in the LeadSquared Amazon S3 account and are not publicly available. However, if you wish to store the files in your own Amazon S3 or Alibaba Cloud OSS account, you can set this up using custom field set configurations.
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Customization>Configure Custom Filed Sets.
- Use the drop-down to choose where you want the files to be stored.
3. Enter the details of your storage provider, then click Save.
Did you find the content in this article helpful? Feel free to leave doubts/questions in the comment section below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.