A custom field set is a group of fields that can be used as a field type in an activity. For example, you can create custom field sets for –
- KYC Documents – with fields Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Address Proof
- Education Qualifications – with fields College, Degree, Year, Grade
- Business Address – with fields House Number, Street, City, Zip, State, Country
Once you create a custom field set , you can add it as the field type for an activity.
Example Use Case
Let’s look at a use case where your field sales agents go to collect KYC documents from leads.
- Create a custom field set called ‘KYC Documents’
- Include file type fields of say Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Address Proof and save.
- Create an activity called ‘KYC Document Collection’
- Add a field in the ‘KYC Document Collection’ activity. Select the field type as the ‘KYC Documents’ custom field set.
So now, the next time your field sales agent is collecting documents, he can seamlessly upload these directly to the ‘KYC Document Collection’ activity itself, as they’ve been included in the custom field settype field of this activity.
Create a Custom Field Set
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Customization>Manage Custom Field Set, then click Create.
- Enter a Name and Description (optional) and click the Activity Integration checkbox (this will enable you to use the custom field set as a field type in an activity). Click Next.
- Now configure the fields you want the custom field set to contain. Click Add File Field. Click the settingsicon to configure the Max File Size in MB (maximum permitted limit is 10) and the File Type. Click Save.
You can also mark fields as mandatory by clicking the checkbox alongside each field.
- Now design the layout of the custom field set. Drag and drop fields to re-order or hide them.
- Click Next.
Your new custom field set will now be visible in the grid. To make changes to a custom field set, click the settingsicon, then click Edit.
The file types supported are as follows –
|Any Documents or Images||png,jpg,jpeg,bmp,pdf,doc,docx|
|Custom||‘ade, adp, bat, chm, cmd, com, cpl, exe, hta, ins, isp, jse, lib, mde, msc, msp, mst, pif, scr, sct, shb, sys, vb, vbe, vbs, vxd, wsc, wsf, wsh’ are Not Permitted.|
Associate a Custom Field Set with an Activity
Once you’ve created a custom field set, you can add it as the data type for a field in any custom activity.
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Customization>Custom Activities and Scores.
- Click the Editicon alongside an activity (you can also follow the same steps while creating a new activity).
- On the Update Custom Activity Type pop-up, click Next to navigate to step 2 of 3.
- Create a new field, or edit an existing one. Click the drop-down under the Type column alongside the field you want to associate the custom field set to, then select a custom field set.
- Click the Settingsicon to edit the custom field set. Click Next when you’re done.
Note: Edits you make to a custom field set from here will not apply to the actual custom field set template you created. The edits will only apply to how the custom field set behaves with respect to this activity field.
- Drag and drop the custom field set to change it’s order or positioning on your create/edit activity forms.
- Click Save.
Note: If a custom field set has any field(s) marked as mandatory,
- The custom field set field will automatically be marked as mandatory while configuring the activity fields (in step 2 of 3).
- You won’t be able to enable Quick Add for the associated activity. Conversely, if you enable quick add and then try and make a custom field set mandatory, you’ll still receive an error –
Adding an Activity with a Custom Field Set
The custom field set will now be available in the create/edit activity forms for that particular activity.
You can upload multiple files to a single field (multiple pages of a passport for example). You can even remove or replace a file after you’ve uploaded one.
You can download the uploaded files from the Lead Details page.
- The status field cannot be removed from a custom field set. You can change the value of the status field from Pending to Approved or vice-versa while creating/editing an activity from the web app.
- You cannot delete custom field sets at the moment.
Configure Custom Field Sets
All files you upload through custom field set are stored securely in the LeadSquared Amazon S3 account and are not publicly available. However, if you wish to store the files in your own Amazon S3 or Alibaba Cloud OSS account, you can set this up using custom field set configurations.
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Customization>Configure Custom Filed Sets.
- Use the drop-down to choose where you want the files to be stored.
3. Enter the details of your storage provider, then click Save.
Did you find the content in this article helpful? Feel free to leave doubts/questions in the comment section below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.