LeadSquared allows you to create new Custom Fields in your account besides the System & a few default custom fields available in LeadSquared.
If your business needs to capture additional lead information beyond the default fields available, then you can create custom Lead fields.
You are likely to encounter this situation when you would be adding new lead details through Add New Lead, Quick Add Lead, Import Leads or maybe even during creating Email Campaigns and Landing Pages option. For example, if you run an Educational Institution you want to capture the Course requirements/details of your leads/candidates so that you can send them custom offers on these Courses, you can create custom field for Courses offered.
You can also modify the display name of existing un-used default lead fields and use them if the field’s ‘Data Input Type‘ matches your requirement.
Else, here is how you can create more Custom Lead Fields required for your business.
You must be an Admin User of your LeadSquared Account
1. Navigate to My Account>Settings>Leads.
2. Click on Create Custom Field button to create a new lead field. Click on Customization > Lead Fields. You’ll see list of lead fields details which are already present.
3. Click on Create Custom Field button to create a new lead field.
4. You can edit the existing lead fields by clicking on the Edit button.
5. The list below describes the properties present to customize the lead fields that you create.
- Display Name: It will appear as the label of custom field. Alternate Email ID can be an example of Display Name.
- Include Field in Section: It allows you to select the section in which the new lead detail would be included. You could decide on the section based on your business requirement and usage. The three sections are Lead details, Company details, and Additional details. You can view these sections when you are adding a new lead using Add New Lead option. Alternate Email ID could be included in Lead Details. Flickr ID could be used in Additional Details. Click here to view Add New Lead window where you can see the newly created lead field.
- Mail Merge Default Value: This will be default value will be used during mail merge, if the data for the particular lead field is not available. In the screenshot below, Lead First Name is the field chosen in the email; if, by any chance, the First Name is not available for a lead, then the text entered in Mail Merge Default Value would be set. Click here to view the Email window where you can see the default value for a lead detail.
- Data Input Type: It allows you to define the data type of the custom field. For example, if the data type is Number then the user can enter only numbers in this custom field. Data types available for selection are Text, Number, Date, Email, Website, Boolean, and Select. The Select type represents a data type that allows choosing from a list of options.
Note: If you want to add a large number of drop-down options to a lead field, see Large Options Set for Lead Fields.
|Data Type||Rendered As||Example|
|Number||Textbox. You can select the type as Decimal or Integer from the Number Type drop-down list from below.||Fax Number|
|Alternate Email Id|
|Phone||Textbox or Phone Controler||Phone Number|
|Date||Date||Follow Up Date|
|Time||Time||Follow Up Time|
|Boolean||Radio button or Checkbox||Valid Passport|
|Dropdown||Dropdown Values Use Add button to add new value, arrow button to change the order and cross button to delete. Click here to view the setting screenshot.||Country|
|MultiSelect Dropdown||Lets you select multiple drop-down options.||Courses opted for|
- Include in Mail Merge: Selecting the check box will allow you to include this custom field in the mail merge field for message personalization while drafting emails for Email Campaigns. Click here to view the Include in Mail Merge option.
- Is Mandatory: Selecting the check box will make the lead field mandatory; i.e. the user will not be able to create the lead record without filling in details in this field.
- Show in Quick Add: Selecting the check box enables this field to appear when you are filling lead details through the Quick Add Lead option. Click here to view the Add New Lead option.
- Lock After Create: Non-admin users won’t be able to update the field once it’s been created.
- Use in Lead Clone: The field will be auto-populated when the lead is being cloned.
- Show in Import: Selecting the checkbox will enable the user to map this field when importing lead information through the Import Lead option. Click here to view the Show In Import option.
NOTE: If the Lead Field is system created, you will be able to make changes only to the Mail Merge Default Value, Maximum Length and Is Mandatory options.
6. Click Save and Add New to save and create a new custom field or Save to save and exit.