1. Feature Overview
The Email Campaign feature allows users to send emails to leads on behalf of another user by entering a different email address in the From address section of the editor. With the From Address Restrictions setting in your LeadSquared account, you can restrict a user role from sending emails on behalf of the lead owner or any other user. This setting is different from the Restrict Email Senders setting where you can completely restrict individual users from sending emails to the leads. To know more, see Email Settings – Restrict Email Senders.
You must be the administrator of your LeadSquared account.
3. From Address Restrictions
You can restrict a specific user role from using another user’s Email address in the From Address field of one-to-one emails, Email campaigns, Bulk Emails, etc.
3.1 Set up From Address Restrictions
- Navigate to My Profile>Settings>Email Settings>From Address Restrictions.
- Click Edit.
- Alongside the user role you want to restrict, click under Restrict Lead Owner or Restrict Other Users.
- Restrict Lead Owner – If enabled, restricts the corresponding LeadSquared user role from sending Emails on behalf of the Lead Owner.
- Restrict Other Users – If enabled, restricts the corresponding LeadSquared user role from sending Emails on behalf of the other users in your LeadSquared CRM like Administrator, Marketing User, Sales Manager or Sales User.
- Click Save.
3.2 Example Use Case
Consider a lead ‘Sam’ owned by an Admin user ‘Ethan William’. If Ethan tries to send a one-to-one Email to Sam, the From field of the Email Editor allows him to select other users in his LeadSquared system. This feature lets him send Emails on behalf of other users. The From Address Restrictions allows you restrict send Emails on behalf of the Lead Owner and other users.
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!