1. Feature Overview
When your lead submits a form through Gravity Forms, this connector captures them as leads in LeadSquared in real-time. Once the leads are synced, you can leverage LeadSquared’s CRM features to nurture and convert your leads. Before you get started, you must install and configure the Universal Lead Capture Connector.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- You must have an active Gravity Forms account, through which you’re using paid forms. To know more, speak to your Gravity Forms account representative.
- You must download and install the Gravity Forms add on. To know more, refer to Installing a Gravity Forms Add-On.
- The Universal Lead Capture connector is a paid feature. To enable it on your account, please reach out to your account manager, or write to email@example.com.
3. How it Works
To push lead data from Gravity Forms to your LeadSquared account, configure the Gravity Forms connector instance. Once configured, enable the connector.
During configuration, a webhook URL is generated in LeadSquared. Copy this URL and set it up in your Gravity Forms account. Once it’s set up, the lead capture process is initiated.
Once the Universal Lead Capture connector is installed, install and configure the Gravity Forms connector.
- On your LeadSquared account, navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- You’ll find the Gravity Forms connector on this page. Alongside the connector, click Configure.
After installation, on the Lead Capture page, configure the connector settings in order to push data from Gravity Forms.
5.1 Basic Details
Enter the following details –
|Lead Source||Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g., Gravity Forms, email campaign, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.|
|Default Country Code||If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, then the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.|
|Select Time Zone||The time zone of your Gravity Forms account.|
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria||To avoid duplicate leads, you must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This will be used to identify the leads pushed from Gravity Forms.|
To know how to mark a LeadSquared lead field as unique, please refer to How to Make a Custom Field Unique.
|Lead Capture Secondary Search By Criteria||If lead identification and capture through the primary Search By criteria fails, it will be re-attempted using the secondary Search By criteria.|
|Select User to Notify on Failure||If there is an error in fetching leads, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.|
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable Notification||To ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query, enable the checkbox.Once you’ve entered all the details, click Save & Next.|
5.2 Entity Options
Define the sync behaviour of the connector when leads are captured.
Based on the Lead Capture Search By criteria selected (email Id, phone number, etc.), LeadSquared identifies and captures leads from your Gravity Forms account. Lead capture is enabled by default, and it cannot be disabled. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that only exist in your Gravity Forms account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared. Leads that exist in both your Gravity Forms and LeadSquared accounts will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that only exist in your Gravity Forms account (but not in your LeadSquared account) will get created in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Leads that exist in both your Gravity Forms and LeadSquared accounts will get updated in LeadSquared.
Once you’re done, click Save & Next.
On the Mapping screen, the Gravity Forms system fields mapped to the corresponding LeadSquared lead fields are visible. This mapping is carried out by default. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, click , enter the value under Default Value, and click .
- If the data provider doesn’t send data for any lead field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- You can also mark and update a unique lead field as the search key from this screen, by clicking .
- To create a custom Gravity Forms field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant LeadSquared lead field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
Once you’re done mapping, click Save & Close.
5.4 Generate the Webhook URL
After you provide basic details and finish field mapping, a custom webhook URL is generated. To automate lead capture, copy this URL and set it up on your Gravity Forms account. To know more, refer to Triggering Webhooks on Form Submissions.
After you’ve set up the webhook, click More Actions, and enable the sync job. This ensures lead data from Gravity Forms will be pushed to LeadSquared using the webhook.
Note: To view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place, from the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs.
6. View Logs
Here, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads), Updated Events (Updated Leads), and Errors (when capturing leads).
- Navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- Alongside the Gravity Forms connector, click , and then click View Logs.
- Alternatively, on the Lead Capture configurations page, from the More Actions dropdown, you can View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – List of all the new leads that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Leads that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Failed – The list of leads that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pushed from Gravity Forms.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
7. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the Gravity Forms connector instance that you created. To do this –
- Navigate to Apps>Universal Lead Capture.
- Against the Gravity Forms connector, click .
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Edit Configurations
- View Logs
- Remove Configurations
8. View Reports
You can view the total number of leads that have been pushed by Gravity Forms, by referring to the Lead Source report. To know more, please refer to How to track the source of your Leads using Lead Source Report?
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!