1. Feature Overview
This connector captures leads and activities (such as payment data, payment status, etc.) in real time from your Razorpay account to LeadSquared. Once the leads and activities are synced, you can leverage LeadSquared’s CRM features to nurture and convert your leads.
- You must be the Administrator of your LeadSquared account.
- You must have an active Razorpay account.
- This is a paid feature. To enable it, reach out to your account manager, or write to email@example.com.
3. How it Works
To push lead and activity data from Razorpay to your LeadSquared account, configure the Razorpay connector instance. Once configured, enable the connector sync.
During configuration, a webhook URL is generated in LeadSquared. Copy this URL and set it up in your Razorpay account. Once it’s set up, the activity and lead capture process are initiated.
For e.g., let’s look at two use cases –
- New Lead – John does not exist as a lead in LeadSquared. On a third-party portal, he makes a payment through Razorpay. Once the payment is completed, John is captured as a new lead in your LeadSquared account, and an activity is posted with the payment details.
- Existing Lead – Paul is an existing lead in LeadSquared. On a third-party portal, he makes a payment through Razorpay. Once the payment is completed, a payment activity is posted against Paul in LeadSquared.
You must first install and configure the Razorpay connector.
- Navigate to Apps>Apps Marketplace.
- Search for Razorpay (Payment Notifications), and click Install.
- Alternatively, you can find the connector on the left panel, under Payment Gateway.
- Once installed, hover your cursor over , and click Configure.
4.1 Configure the connector
Once you’ve installed the connector, on the Configure Razorpay (Payment Notifications) pop-up, configure the connector access for the non-Admin users in your account. Only those users for whom access is granted can view and access the connector (under the Apps main menu).
- Select if you want to grant Connector Access that’s Based on Role or Advanced (User Level).
- Based on Role – From the Specify Roles dropdown, select the LeadSquared user roles that can use the connector.
- Advanced (User Level) – From the Advanced (User Level) dropdown, select a user boolean field. Based on the value entered in the selected boolean field, the user can access the connector (e.g., for the user Sam, if the “Is Employee” boolean user field contains the value “Yes”, then this user can access the connector).
- Once you’re done, click Save Details. To continue the configuration, refer to the below sections.
5. Admin Configuration
To continue the connector configuration, navigate to Apps>Razorpay (Payment Notifications).
5.1 Basic Settings
Enter the following details –
|Lead Source||Enter the lead source through which the leads were captured (e.g., Razorpay, email campaign, etc.). This detail will be displayed on the Lead Details page, under Lead Source.|
|Default Country Code||If the lead’s mobile number is captured without a country code, then the default country code that’s selected from the dropdown will be added to the lead’s mobile number.|
|Select Time Zone||The time zone followed in your Razorpay account.|
|Lead Capture Search By Criteria||This is used to identify existing leads who made the payment using Razorpay.|
This is also used to avoid creating duplicate leads. You must select one unique lead field (e.g., email Id, mobile number, PAN number, etc.) as the search key. This will be used to identify the leads pushed from Razorpay.
|Lead Capture Secondary Search By Criteria||If lead identification and capture through the primary Search By criteria fails, it will be re-attempted using the secondary Search By criteria.|
|Select User to Notify on Failure||If there is an error identifying and capturing leads who made the payment, the selected user will receive a failure message via email. You can select a user from the list of all the users available in your LeadSquared account.|
To know more about the type of errors, please refer to Error Notifications.
|Enable Notification||Enable the checkbox to ensure notification emails are sent to the selected user when there’s a failed query.|
Once you’re done entering all the details, click Save & Next.
5.2 Entity Options
Define the sync behavior of the connector when payment activities and leads are captured.
5.2.1 Lead/Contact Entity
Based on the Lead Capture Search By criteria (email Id, phone number, etc.), LeadSquared identifies and captures leads from your Razorpay account. Lead capture is enabled by default, and it cannot be disabled. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – Leads that do not exist in your LeadSquared account will get created. Leads that currently exist in your LeadSquared account will get updated.
- Create only new record – Leads that do not exist in your LeadSquared account will get created.
- Update only existing record – Leads that currently exist in your LeadSquared account will get updated.
- A lead is classified as a new lead or an existing lead based on the Lead Capture Search By Criteria you’ve selected in the previous section.
On the Mapping screen, the Razorpay system fields mapped to the corresponding LeadSquared lead/activity fields are visible. This mapping is carried out by default. If required, you can change or update the default field mapping.
- To provide a default value for any field, click , enter the value under Default Value, and click .
- If the data provider doesn’t send data for any lead/activity field, then the default value will get assigned to that specific field. But if the field already has an existing value, then the default value will be ignored.
- To disable lead data capture for any field, disable the slider.
- You can also mark and update a unique lead field as the search key from this screen, by clicking .
- To create a custom Razorpay field, click the Add Custom button.
- Once this field is created, you must map it to the relevant LeadSquared lead field.
- After the field is mapped, to save the custom field, click .
- To delete a custom field, click .
5.2.3 Activity Entity
To post payment activities on leads, against Activity Entity, enable the slider. The following options are available to configure the connector’s Sync Behaviour when activities are posted in LeadSquared –
- Capture (Create and Update existing) Record – New activities will get posted to the lead in LeadSquared, while existing activities will get updated.
- Create only new record – Only new activities will get posted to leads in LeadSquared.
- Update only existing record – Only existing activities on the leads captured will get updated in LeadSquared.
By default, your payment data is mapped to the “Razorpay” activity.
5.3 Generate the Webhook URL
After you provide basic details and finish field mapping, a custom webhook URL is generated. To automate lead and activity capture, copy this URL and set it up on your Razorpay account. To know more, refer to Set Up and Edit Razorpay Payments Webhooks.
After you’ve set up the webhook, click More Actions, and enable the sync job. This ensures payment data from Razorpay will be pushed to LeadSquared using the webhook.
Note: To view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place, from the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs.
To configure the webhook URL, and enable other settings required to push leads from your Razorpay account to LeadSquared, refer to the Setup Instructions –
6. View Logs
Here, you can view logs of all the sync jobs that have taken place. View New Events (New Leads and Activities), Updated Events (Updated Leads and Activities), and Errors (when capturing leads and activities).
- Navigate to Apps>Razorpay (Payment Notifications).
- From the More Actions dropdown, click View Logs.
- You can filter the logs by selecting a date range (Today, Last 7 Days, This Month, and Last Month), by selecting the Job Status (“All”, “Success” and “Failure”), and by selecting the Sync Status (All, Error, and Success).
- You can view the sync status of the following events –
- New Events – List of all the new leads and activities that have been created in LeadSquared during the selected date range.
- Updated Events – A list of all the –
- Duplicate leads that were created with the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id, Mobile Number, etc.).
- Duplicate payment activities posted on the same lead, using the same Search by Criteria value (e.g., with the same Email Id and the same Payment Id, etc.).
- Leads and activities that previously contained errors, which were fixed and synced successfully.
- Errors – The list of leads and activities that have not been captured due to mapping errors (e.g., when a boolean field is mapped to an integer field, etc.).
- To view the Sync Response details, under Request ID/Sync Job ID, click the Id.
- Under the right panel, you can view the response status, the API URL, the request, and the response.
- The responses that are successful will contain the details of the leads that have been pushed by Razorpay.
- To view the lead capture response under Sync API Response, Leads Updated and Errors in Leads, click .
- For a response that contains an error, the reason for the error is listed in the response. Once you fix it, you can click the Retry button to perform the sync again.
- The current Lead/Activity Sync Behaviour will reflect in the Logs screen. This will help identify the sync that’s used (Capture or Update) for the selected Request/Sync Job Id.
8. Other Actions
You can edit or delete the Razorpay connector instance that you created. To do this –
- Navigate to Apps>App Marketplace.
- Search for Razorpay (Payment Notifications).
- Alongside the Razorpay connector, hover your cursor over .
- From the list of options, you can perform the following actions –
- Edit Configuration
- Disable Configuration
- Remove Configuration
9. View Reports
You can view the total number of leads that have been pushed by Razorpay, by referring to the Lead Source report. To know more, please refer to How to track the source of your Leads using Lead Source Report?
Did you find this article helpful? Please let us know any feedback you may have in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you and help you out!